THESE ARE THE SIGNS OF THE LAST DAYS

by In_between_days 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Hi everyone,

I was talking to a reletive lately (J.W), and we had quite a discussion about my problems with the W.T - child abuse, U.N and other various scandals.

This person informed me that this proves that we are in the last days, because if people believe that there are things wrong with the organisation they will leave and many will discredit it, showing that Jehovah is weeding out the goats. When I asked "Why would Jehovah allow his organisation to do things like this"?

He replied: "It cant be a totally good and perfect organisation, or else people will be flocking to it, what would be the point in having the test for people?"

um..... o.k

Has anyone else had this reasoning from a Jw before, and does anyone know of any scriptures that would contradict this statement?

• the follower
    the follower

absolutely mental

• blondie
    blondie

(NWT) James 1:13 ***
    13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Is it God's purpose to save as few people as possible ??

quote:
    "what would be the point in having the test for people?"

The God of the bible has to constantly test and retest his followers to prove their obedience and love to him. If you pass one test then you get another !!

• AMarie
    AMarie

It's typical of devout JWs to try and rationalize all of the organization's evil deeds. Once they acknowledge what the WTBTS is doing is corrupt and unacceptable, thier quilt of faith begins to unravel.

AMarie

PS: Blondie, you made a very good point. I'm going to keep that scripture in mind in case I'm given the same excuse by my JW family

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Thanks Blondie,

Thats a good one.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    He replied: "It cant be a totally good and perfect organisation, or else people will be flocking to it, what would be the point in having the test for people?"

HAHAhaha. Thats rich!

I honestly have never heard anything like that from anyone I would guess this person is probably new or just imtature. That is the exact type of reasoning a typical JW in a typical KH would respond to with something along the lines of "Well sister or brother so and so, as the bible says in yadda yadda verse &&**, hgghdhgkdjfcvbksUgh;

They, like most religions want everyone to flock to the KH.
    You may get kicked out later but never the less they want you to deffenately flock there first.

Life sucks...get a helmet
    [email protected]
  • In_between_days
    In_between_days

No, this person is definately not new

When I replied to his statemnents about why the organisation HAS to have things wrong with it, I said "What the hell is the difference between this religion and any other then, if you think hypocrisy within the org is o.k?

He replied; "The only thing I know is once you really get to know Jehovah, you will know this is his organisation"

• larc
    larc

In between,

Just remember, everything that happens is a sign of the last days.

If the JWs show an increase, it is a sign of Jehovah's blessing. If they don't have much of an increase, it is a sign that the love of the greater number has cooled off.

If there is a war, it fulfills Matt. 24. If there is peace, if fulfills the scripture about peace and security.

If they want to claim they get their stuff from God, they will write about it. When they mess up, they tell you they are just imperfect men.

You see, in their minds, everything works for their justification.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    "The only thing I know is once you really get to know Jehovah, you will know this is his organisation"

That is priceless! It is his org alright. 'hovah = mischief. as is god of.....

Strong's Concordance word #1943

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit