Article on self-righteousness written by one of the conscious-class?

by Fernando 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Some real obvious compartmentalizing going on in their God of Love message to the world here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc

• whathappened
    whathappened

Wow...this article passed inspection??? It sounds like it was written by someone with a brain and a heart!!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Fernando

Do you really think this person has any idea of what the righteousness of God is?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Denial is a perfectly acceptable way of handling trauma. Many who survived 9/11 or lost loved-ones chose denial. It gave them many years of peaceful living.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~iacmao/PGS191/Resilience%20Reading%20%231A.pdf

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Vid,

Would it follow that the individual who compartmentalizes the most is also the individual who needs the most psychanalysis and therapy?

I would think that it would lead to all sorts of problems that a psychoanalysis would help but the denial might be too great and efforts to bring the patient out of their delusional state too heroic or radical(like something like psilocybin, shock therapy, or what not). but what do I know I'm not a psychiatrist. So say someone like a Governing Body member who fantasizes about being this Faithful and Discreet Slave entity and feels he's at the wheel of God's earthly Organization, I would venture to say that they are in some deep do do over these delusions and in desperate need of psychiatric help as peoples lives are involved(ban on blood, disfelloshipping very depressed people, don't go to college, and the like).

Vulnerability [ edit ]

Compartmentalization may lead to hidden vulnerabilities in those who use it as a major defense mechanism. [6]

Those suffering from borderline personality disorder will often divide people into all good versus all bad, to avoid the conflicts removing the compartments would inevitably bring, using denial or indifference to protect against any indications of contradictory evidence. [7]

Using indifference towards a better viewpoint is a normal and common example of this. It can be caused by someone having used multiple compartment ideals and having been uncomfortable with modifying them, at risk of being found incorrect. This often causes double-standards, and bias. [citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealization_and_devaluation

In psychoanalytic theory, when an individual is unable to integrate difficult feelings, specific defenses are mobilized to overcome what the individual perceives as an unbearable situation. The defense that helps in this process is called splitting. Splitting is the tendency to view events or people as either all bad or all good. [1] When viewing people as all good, the individual is said to be using the defense mechanism idealization: a mental mechanism in which the person attributes exaggeratedly positive qualities to the self or others. When viewing people as all bad, the individual employs devaluation: attributing exaggeratedly negative qualities to the self or others.

Otto Kernberg has provided an extensive discussion of idealization, both in its defensive and adaptive aspects. He conceptualised idealization as involving a denial of unwanted characteristics of an object, then enhancing the object by projecting one’s own libido or omnipotence on it. He proposed a developmental line with one end of the continuum being a normal form of idealization and the other end a pathological form. In the latter, the individual has a problem with object constancy and sees others as all good or all bad, thus bolstering idealization and devaluation. At this stage idealization is associated with borderline pathology. At the other end of the continuum, idealization is said to be a necessary precursor for feelings of mature love. [8]

C

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

*** w95 10/15 p. 29 Watch Out for Self-Righteousness! ***

IN THE first century, the Pharisees enjoyed the good reputation of being righteous worshipers of God. They were earnest students of the Scriptures and prayed frequently. Some people viewed them as being gentle and reasonable. Jewish historian Josephus wrote: “The Pharisees are affectionate to each other and cultivate harmonious relations with the community.” No wonder they were probably the most respected and highly regarded individuals in Jewish society at that time!

Wow this is interesting Fernando. I never knew this. continueing:

However, today the word “Pharisaic” and related terms are derogatory, synonymous with sanctimonious, self-righteous , holier-than-thou, overpious, and giving lip service. Why did the Pharisees lose their good name?

It was because, unlike most Jews, Jesus Christ was not deceived by the Pharisees’ outer appearance. He compared them to “whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.”

So it seems to me in this setting that Jesus is the one that had the problem not the Pharasees. They were kind and basically good but according to the way Jesus seen them they were dirty and full of hypocracy. Wow this is truly some vehiment mudd slinging motivated by an egotistical person towards his perceived enemies. And the projected label stuck so that today every follower of Christ has adopted the same unjustified attitude. WOW talk about a raging Narcissist, this Jesus story is full of it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

*** w95 10/15 p. 29 Watch Out for Self-Righteousness! ***

What are some of the traits that we must “watch out” for? Self-righteous individuals usually “speak, and stand, and look as if they had never done a wrong, ” explains the Encyclopædia of Religion and Ethics. The self-righteous are also boastful and self-promoting, which was a major problem with the Pharisees.

So this writer's claiming to know the psychological profile of a "Self Righteous" individual. Lets analylize this a bit more and see what type of fanciful ideas this person has.

1) Claims and looks innocents. (Explained by the encyclopaedia no less(snicker).

Well that has got to be one of the most craziest assumptions I've ever heard. I don't think he's thinking about the same thing that I think about when I think of self righteous. To this writer anybody that don't follow the Corporation is automatically being self righteous.

2) They are boastful, self promoting(and a major problem of the Phariseees he assumes even thought a few sentences ago he said they were the opposite).

I'm sure we can see the black and white thinking here that sticks out like a sore thumb. And look at the broad brush this writer paints with in his abritrary value system. Just because Jesus critisized these pharisees he's ready to pick up the torch and run with it(projecting Jesus biased negative qualities) without even questioning the rightness or wrongness of Jesus words everything is one big assumption.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Anecdotally, my husband is great at compartmentalizing and he's also quite self-righteous. Connection?

StAnn

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Great article I am suggesting it for family worship.

This would make an interesting family worship

"A “Slave” Who Is Both Faithful and Discreet"

March 1, 2004 Page 8

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I mean if one beleives in Jesus he has to assume he was justified in cursing the fig tree, making a whip of ropes and knocking over venders at the temple screaming some bull shit about this place belongs to his dad, and in his criticism of the the pharisees.

That's what you call niave credulity. This is a faulty arguement about 'self righteousness' right from the get go. The reasoning in this article is so full of holes not to mention huge leaps in logic it is pitiful and psychologially no where near reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit