The Six Largest Chinese Car Makers (by revenue)

by fulltimestudent 22 Replies latest social current

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

All very interesting if I were interested in Chinese cars. But why is this being posted on JWN? I don't get it.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@DFTS who said "why is this being posted on JWN?

Because it's under the forum directory of:

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Okay....... but shouldn't there be some sort of connection or relevance to JWN? Hey, I am new around here. Maybe I am the one that just does not understand it yet. But to me, if something is going to be posted to a very specific forum like this one, it ought to be at little bit related to the topic at hand.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am abit of a car nut, so the thread was interesting to me.

The vague relevance to this Site is, with China becoming the major World Power economically, and probably not far behind militarily, how does that fit in to the WT/JW.Org interpretation of scripture ?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Darth Fader The Sequel:

But why is this being posted on JWN? I don't get it.

Stick around! The rising sun will illuminate your mind soon enough!

• prologos
    prologos

I think the blonde ladiin picture 1719 is the best 'model' of them all, and

the fts's rising sun?

do you see a Japan-korea-China becoming the 8-9st world power,

the overlapping worldpower generation?

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

prologos:

I think the blonde ladiin picture 1719 is the best 'model' of them all,

Blondes are popular in China - I'm sure you can work out why?

and the fts's rising sun?

do you see a Japan-korea-China becoming the 8-9st world power, the overlapping worldpower generation?

hysterical laughter !!!! It takes a certain type of mind to look at a document that offers a political view and to believe (claim) that it foretells the future.

But to take your question seriously, may I observe that the belief that the world revolved around "glorious" Israel and Judah, is rather dumb.

The OT is a Jewish response to their own inferiority complex that developed when they were faced with the problem that they (in their own opinion) were the people that the True God, the creator (and therefore the owner of the Universe) had selected as his own people.

And yet they kept getting the SH*T kicked out of them by all the nations that were demon/devil worshippers.

The rationale they came up with ( to explain this), is that this happened because they did not worship Yahweh properly, and therefore they were sinners (hence, the Christian pre-occupation with sin).

If we could take a God's eye view of the world from say the Babylonian captivity, we would observe the gradual development of a world power in the east, in 221 BCE a series of competing kingdoms were united by the first Emperor and the Chinese world power came into existence.

Its still there, after all this time.

Another point: Until the 19th Century, Asia (as a whole) was richer than Europe (as a whole) - there was a hiatus during the period of aggressive European Imperialism, but the rise of China in particular, and the other Asian (Japan, India and SK) states means that once again Asia will be more important than the Euro-Anglosphere (which includes the USA).

And again: Have you taken note of the background information in Revelation 18: 11-19. In the author's demented tirade (against the Roman Empire), he clearly outlines the commercial trade between Asia and Rome (see vs 11,14 in particular). Eventually, under Constantine, the Empire moved its capital to the edge of Asia (the city of Constantinople, now Istanbul). One reason for that was to be closer to the trade centres. The Silk Road is said to have terminated in the city of Antioch, even though there had to be a distribution network radiating from that city and from the Red Sea ports also. (This does mean that I believe in any way that the Revelation is a prophecy).

Finally: China, Japan, N & S Korea and Vietnam, have a common base philosophy (Confucianism, Daoism and Buddhism). They have much more in common than they have differences. As, I'm sure you've noted, China (always pragmatic) is moving closer to S Korea. It would not be surprising (over time) to see all these four nations move to a much closer relationship.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If we all posted such material, there would be n o JWN left. I am interested in the Revolutionary War. Some historical society must have a weekly or monthly newspaper. I could inform everyone what size shoe Thomas Jefferson wore. This material is available on the Internet with one click. If you are in China, I would much rather hear about your experiences. How much freedom do Christians have? Does it vary in urban or rural areas? How is Mao treated by the government? Are there KHs in China?

Sometimes it seems as though this is filler between old fashioned film reels. I could start a makeup blog. Ways to deal with summer heat. Dog grooming.

Chacun a son gout. (if I spelled it correctly). Each to its own taste.

• prologos
    prologos

That why this topic is a good one to derail, going from car models to blonde models to genetic preferences ( married to a glorious oriental) to seeing another wt doctrine,

March of World Powers, and the bible's inerrancy fade away through the march through time.

let us see as many Nobel-price winners from Asia as came out of the western related language groups.

It occurreed to me there is a mirror image of Asia and Europe with one major island power off shore, England/Japan and competing continental powers, even in car making now. vauxhall/volkwagen vs datsun/dongfeng

Competition if done right is good for the human race.

blondes vs asian beauties.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Band on the Run:

I could start a makeup blog

Umm! I saw (in passing) on Youtube, a video of a young man making himself up as a girl. I was going to post it here, but decided some may be offended. (i.e. it would cause someone's narrow minded view of the world to be challenged, when what they want is for their view of the world to be confirmed).

prologos:

blondes vs asian beauties.

I'd prefer to have both (at the same time and wouldn't that be most guys preference).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit