Elder ignores me at Walgreens here in Milwaukee.

by Joliette 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Make sure you say hello very loudly and in front of as many as possible.

Don't let them away with that sort of ignorance.

I said hello to an elder and his wife in the supermarket last week. When they ignored me I said "that's a bit ignorant isn't it Ray?"

People were looking at them and shaking thier heads.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^Yeah I should have done that.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Next time run up to him arms outstretched and shout his name ____SOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!! We love the reactions. It really smokes out the real christians- the real ones respond well.....the others....just shrivel up and hide.

If they have a stick up their ____ and you are feeling a tad mean that day....ask them how a ner-do well relative of theirs is doing:....."is Jimmy out on parole yet???" "Has Susie married her baby's daddy? " The reactions are priceless.

• minimus
    minimus

That elder didn't give you a kiss and a hug, huh? lol

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Is it not amazing that they ignore Matt 5 were Jesus says that your nothing special just like a tax collector if you only greet your brother's. He goes on to say if you have love even for your enemy your perfect like god. So much for them being gods religion. Come to think of it they ignore most of what Jesus said.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

The above comment is worse - if you successfully faded, and are "useful" enough (ie. doing well enough in life where they want you around to use you and your connections), they will just bug you about coming to meetings when they see you. Even with my full beard and wandering around with women I'm not married to.

Years before I left, I decided ignoring people was stupid and always said "hi" to disfellowshipped people I saw. There are a few who also realize/do this. Not associating with someone doesn't mean being rude and treating them like crap.

• Mum
    Mum

I don't live near anyplace where I was a JW, so I don't really meet up with any of the ones I knew. If I did see one, I would give him/her a hearty "Hello!" Let THEM look like the asshole because they are the ones who deserve it! I don't hate or discriminate against them, and I deserve the same cvourtesy. If there is a judgment day, we apostates will be out in force to witness to the truth about these arrogant, self-aggrandizing, uneducated, ignorant hypocrites!

• scotoma
    scotoma

Don't give that Elder the benefit of anonymity. Name him.

There are probably plenty of people in Milwaukee that will know who he is and it will give them a chance to ignore him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit