Elder ignores me at Walgreens here in Milwaukee.

by Joliette 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

A month ago I went to Walgreens to get some snacks and a newspaper. I was walking out when I noticed an elder that I grew up with walking towards me. He kinda looked in my direction, the turned his head away and kept walking with his nose in the air. I couldnt believe it.

His sister basically raised me growing up. I couldnt believe it. I've never done anything to this elder, always been nothing but nice to him. There was some apostate postings on my facebook page. I think that had something to do with it. My mom posted an apostate video that I did.

Really starting to become more clear to me that this religion is a cult. I'll be so happy when I leave Wisconsin in 2017.

• StAnn
    StAnn

The JWs are the apostates. They started with Christianity and twisted it and turned into something unrecognizable and called it "the Truth." From a Christian standpoint, it's the JWs who are the problem. If you are bringing their errors to light, you are not an apostate but a whistleblower.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

BTW, screw the elder. He's deluded. Consider the snub a badge of honor.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Joilette, I'm sorry this happened to you. Obviously the "grapevine" is alive and well in Watchtowerland.

• Joliette
    Joliette

St. Ann, thank you. That is true.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank all of you guys. I'm thinking in my head, what have I ever done to this guy?

• finally awake
    finally awake

It's offensive, but at least you don't have to listen to him ranting on about how you need to come back to the hall.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Follow him around next time.

Talk to people around you.

" This man used to be my minister in church. Now he won't even look at me. Can you believe that? Weird huh? Oh, and he is one of Jehovahs' Witnesses."

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Finally awake has a good point lol...At least no pressure to see you at the hall! See, cup is half full! To fill it all the way up, do what logcon suggests! Now 5 hat would bear witness to the strange "loving arrangements" followed by these people.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

It's his loss, Joliette,

I believe you when you say "I've never done anything to this elder, always been nothing but nice to him".

Sadly, that counts for NOTHING once you dare to question whether the organization is really "the truth".

Jesus didn't shun ANYONE, not even Satan (Mttw Ch.4). Remind him of that if you see him again.

You're more Christlike than this elder.

TF1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit