What is true love?

by hoser 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I just watched the video what is true love.

First of all it is painfully long.

Secondly there is an uncanny resemblance with megan(the one who married out of the truth) to the girl in the Jeremiah book who married out of the truth. Page 138 Jeremiah book I am wondering if they are the same person

I am amazed at the social pressure to conform that is evident in this movie. I thought it was just a local thing but I see now that parents and busybodies al though out this religion like to meddle in other peoples lives.

The girl Megan feels pressured by the congregation to have a spiritual man so in turn she nags her hardworking husband to "reach out" for baptism. I've personally witnessed marriages ruined by this kind of abuse.

The good jw girl still living at home at 25 finds her nerdy jw elder at a jw function and lives happily ever after.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was the nerdy jw girl and I have lived to regret my life way more than Megan ever would. I married a elder and we went off into the sunset like the nerdy girl and her hubby did to serve Jehovah and it was HELL!

We went to where the need was great for elders. We both pioneered and lived on nothing. The "brothers and sisters" in the hall hated me and made it clear to me that they did. While my husband was out holding the hands of those in need I would met by myself for field service and there just never was a place for me in their car groups. The other young women in the hall went shopping and over to each others homes I was never invited. I was so depressed I seriously thought of suicide most of the time. Sometimes even now I wonder if that would have been the best thing for me to do.

I went to the CO and told him I was just loosing it. I never saw my husband as he was always to busy for me and our marriage doing something for the congregation. I had no friends, no family, no one. One of the MS's wives told her husband that I was never to be allowed in their home and she told me to my face I was one of the most stupidest people she had ever met. Another time when I met for service I was asked in front of the group meeting 'what good I did by even going in service?' The sister who asked me the question told me I was horrible at the doors and she wanted to know why I even bothered going out! This was in front of about 11 other publishers. Not one of the 11 others stood up for me or told the sister to stop attacking me. They all just stood there staring at me waiting for me to answer her. I just wanted to die so bad that day. I did not answer her at first as I was just so shocked and hurt by her clear anger at me. She repeated the question to me with even more anger and I just mumbled 'that I didn't do much good' she told me 'than why are you hear?' Those were the mild stories I could relate about my time in that hall. And that was one of just many halls I was in, none of the halls were kind.

So when I told the CO I was loosing it he turned on me and said I was being selfish. 'That Jehovah needed my husband now and that I could have him in the new system!"

I do not know why I watched that stupid video what is true love because I can't get it out of my head. I wish with all my heart I had been Megan instead of nerdy Liz. At the end of the video I just sat there sobbing because it is all a lie. I lived it know.

LITS

• pixel
    pixel

Secondly there is an uncanny resemblance with megan(the one who married out of the truth) to the girl in the Jeremiah book who married out of the truth. Page 138 Jeremiah book I am wondering if they are the same person

It is the same girl. She also acts in the Prodigal Son video.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I went to school with a nerdy (but nice) son of the Presiding Overseer. He was a nice guy, no doubt about it. He's still in, and probably an MS by now. Anyway, he married the daughter of a Circuit Overseer. Hahahahaha! Can you imagine what HE has to try and live up to? She's a pretty plastic face as far as I can see. He worked in a printing factory, probably so he could learn skills to go to Bethel and be a slave for nothing there. He nearly severed his thumb at work, so had to quit. Now he runs a snack truck business delivering chips. He had at least one child with this CO's daughter.

Anyway, I once met his PO father who I'm still friendly with. (he's a nice enough fellow) I asked how his son was doing, his marriage, etc. Know what the father told me? I quote, "Oh, he's doing fine. His marriage is very Theocratic." I knew right then and there.......without a shadow of a doubt, that my friend's life was a pure, living, hell, devoid of love and filled with monotonous never-ending servitude to the JW cult. His marriage isn't even filled with love, it's merely "Theocratic." That one sentence spoke volumes to me. I kind of cocked my head to the side in a knowing sigh of pity. I'm sure his PO father caught it.

What a waste.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Nothing wrong with being nerdy...
  • warehouse
    warehouse
    Nothing wrong with being nerdy...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Life is too short, my heart goes out to you. I can relate to your experiences, I never felt like I fit in either. I wasn't trying to be different, it's just the way I was, but I couldn't figure out why some people couldn't stand me, I was a bit shy and introverted, but I was always nice to people. This happened in other groups, not just the Jehovah's Witnesses, but it was ten times worse at the Kingdom Hall.

What helped me was taking a class in the Meyers Briggs personality evaluation. I realized see that a lot of JWs lwere probably opposite to the type I was, INFP, and that the group as a whole was a type that was my opposite type. My type will always have a hard time fitting into any group, but especially one like the Jehovah's Witnesses. I wasn't bad, I was just different. People who had a different personality type might have an easier time fitting in with others, might enjoy the meetings and field service more and will usually see me as being the wrong one. There is no excuse for people of that type treating others bad, but it's sort of more understandable once you see why they do.

Once I realized there was nothing wrong with me and that I would really never fit in, I was able to break free from the religion. JWs who liked being JWs weren't better than me, they were just different.

• millie210
    millie210

Lisa Rose we are very close I see..I am an INFJ using the M/B test.

I agree with you that there is a certain type that does well, or at least better as a JW.

I dont remember which type it was but I do remember it was an extrovert type.

There is a lot of agony associated with being a Witness but the agony is even worse when you are an introvert to begin with.

• Mephis
    Mephis

I'm another INFP who really, really didn't fit in. The idea of a JW wedding filled me with horror as a teen. Reading life is too short's post, yeah, glad I passed on that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I can sum up the video title in one sentence:

"what is True Love?"

Being screwed by the Org and being told to like it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit