I had a lovely weekend, how about everyone else??

by quellycatface 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

LisaRose:

The suggestion of going to church is a good one. There are many good churches out there. I enjoyed going to the UCC, United Church of Christ... I seriously considered joining, except I am an Athiest, they were OK with it, but it just seemed pointless.

lol. In summary, long-committed atheist considers joining church but finally realises it is pointless.

So, what is it that you are smokin', Sis?

If I went to church it would be because of all that blood on offer. Jeebus blood, sheep blood, and so on.

__

Focus

("Slurp" Class)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yard sales, spent some $$ on stuff I've been looking for. Worked in the community garden. Invented a new exercise. Gave myself sciatica with new exercise. Went out to the lake for a bit of a walk and some knitting. Dried a bunch of onions that were given to me. I like to use dehydrated onions in my cooking. House and everything in it now smells like onions. Not sure it was worth it!

I moved up here four years ago. Didn't make many/any friends until I moved into these apartments two years ago. I got involved in the community garden and that made all the difference. Plus I got a lot of veggies!

Our community garden is also a hotbed of conflict, drama, competition and cliques. It's amazing to watch! I made some friends, so I have people to chat with.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I chatted to a guy I met on a dating site, went on another date, and went to the cinema alone........it was fun xx

Quelly...nice to see you had a good time xx

Kate xx

• designs
    designs

Found 2 used Bikes in great shape, almost like new, at St Vincent De Paul's, $40 each. Watch out world its Crusin Time!

When I was a kid one of the fun bike rides was the 25 mile trip to Huntington Beach on my bike to go body surfing.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

SoWhatNow, So sorry you have and are having such a rough time. You need to break the cycle, you are in control OK??? Remember that.

There is Alcoholics Anonymous for spouses and families of those who drink. There are women support groups and refuges, they will help you. Let's face it, you are in an abusive marriage, psychologically. This is the most important step, seeking and asking for help. You will meet others who are in the same situation.

After that, when you are strong again, go to church (if you feel the need to), try voluntary work, helping out in a hospital coffee shop will get you out and interacting with people again.

There is a life out there for you. You just gotta take that first step to reach out for it.

Much love

QCF x

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes focus, I guess they will tear up my Athiest card, I did consider joining a church. It's actually a very liberal church, they were OK with my lack of belief, I would not be the only Athiest there. I used to enjoy it when I visited my husband's parents and we went to church with them, so I thought I would try it. I liked the sense of community, the services were enjoyable, everyone was very welcoming. They are 100% supportive of gay people, which is important to me. I have not ruled out the possibility of returning, and I do recommend it for ex JWs that miss the church experience, but don't like fundamentalism.

• millie210
    millie210

LisaRose, you are bringing up an interesting idea for me. The thought of a church as a social structure and not just as a religious authority.

• jgnat
    jgnat

millie, that is largely why I regularly attend my local church. I see the same friendly faces week after week, I am asked after my health, and I derive pleasure in watching the children grow to adulthood and have children of their own. It is a sense of community.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mrs Phizzy and I did something we have not done for a long time, we had the laziest of lazy Weekends. we normally cram in loads of stuff, but we decided to have one weekend where we did nothing.

This was fine in theory, until Mrs Phizzy finally broke down and insisted I take her for some Retail Therapy on a Sunday afternoon !

She allowed me to wander off to Book shops etc whilst she discussed beauty products in a bloody expensive Store, I then went back to the car for a snooze.

Mrs Phizzy did not fall for the rather lovely salesgirls spiel.......... not yet, she informed me she does "need" these products, oh well, I suppose if I cut down on the booze a bit we can afford them.

It was great for once to simply "chill", but we are back to the usual frenetic stuff from now on, it keeps you young ! no need for beauty products !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit