Need a Game Plan

by bafh 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Bafh-- I'm worried about you making comments like that. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? You sound at your wits end. Hope you feel better soon. I just wish I could say something to encourage you.

• bafh
    bafh

I have seen a therapist - am currently seeing a therapist. I'm almost ready to get some meds if I can't fight through it.

• Focus
    Focus

bafh:

Instead of saying something like, "I'm sorry, but I have no intention of going back," and having them completely freak out - I agreed to go to the Sunday morning session. Any recommendations?

Can you smuggle an illegal (not just "banned") object inside?

__
    Focus

("Ask and ye shall receive!" Class)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Ok I feel better now, you had me worried. Well, try the meds and see if they work. I'm on meds for bipolar-- meds don't fix everything but they can make life tolerable. Be patient with finding the right meds that work, sometimes you have to try more than one. You may only need them temporarily until you feel better.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Have you thought about joining Toastmasters? Might give you more confidence-- I think that's what you need is some self confidence.

• bafh
    bafh

Thtat is a good idea. Maybe I do need more confidence. My therapist is always telling me "i'd invite you to a dinner party. You're smart, funny, blah blah blah" I feel like she is just making that shit up. Maybe feeling out of place is just how it is; does everyone feel that way, or only me?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

There was a post somewhere where an elder said "We want a broken person."

This "religion" thrives on guilt and fear. No one is accepted unless they feel worthless.

If you have skill, talent, education, ability - you need to be knocked down.

As a parent, it is the exact opposite of how I want my children to feel.

For those who feel God is our parent, He does not want his children to feel like they're shit.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

If you're in or near a major centre, spend time going through meetup.com

There are scores of groups.

Force yourself to go at least to one - force yourself to talk to people for even 1 minute. Go back to their next meetup. People are great.

• clarity
    clarity

Bafh ... don't give up, some days are crappy!

Try asking someone out for coffee, who you are not

particularly interested in....other than they are a nice

person. There will be little or no stress involved.

You will make a casual friend & learn to relate &

relax. Then when you do meet someone who turns

your crank.....you will be used to the routine!

You are important ...so treat yourself well.

All the best to you.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit