Need a Game Plan

by bafh 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mum
    Mum

Will you be sitting with your friend (I assume you will). You can take your cell phone and ask people to call you at certain times so you will have an excuse to go somewhere to take the "private" phone call. If you don't want to stay, make up some "crisis" that is "forcing" you to leave. Be polite and kind (which I'm sure you would anyway) so your friend won't have any reason to believe you're "demonized" or unduly "under the influence of 'Satan.'" I understand your feeling that you "must" go, and that's okay. Judt don't take anything seriously. AND don't let your friends sense of panic draw you in.

If you're having trouble making friends, take a class or join a club (Toastmasters would be great!) so you meet new people. Look in the newspaper or online for events in your town you might like to attend. There are many ways to meet people besides going back to the Kingdom Hall. There are some great people out there you'll relate to. Have you ever attended an Apostafest?

Best wishes!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There's only one thing you need to keep in mind thru the whole silly ordeal, ... it's a cult.

That uneasy feeling, that WTF moment, it's your cult detector going off. Listen to it.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I think there is some emotionally manipulative sh*t that leaves every one in tears. The idea is to bypass all your cognitive centres, avoid any reasoning procees and go straight for the tear ducts. Avoid.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The only reason you are thinking about going back is because you are finding it hard to make friends on the outside????

Join a bridge club, a fishing club, a hunting club, an ATV club anything you are interested in and you will meet friends on the outside.

Going back to the cult just to keep friends is a very BIG MISTAKE.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, there are timers on a smartphone. You can ring yourself to get a break.

• Ding
    Ding

I fear that the more you give in, the more they will pressure you to attend.

I think you should make up your mind what YOU want to do and then do it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ding, I attended on occasion with no fear of getting infected. It does take strength of character to say "NO" when they beg you to join them at the next meeting.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

This is an appeasement move. I don't plan on going back, although I have to admit to considering it lately just because I'm having a hard time making friends on the outside. I feel like as long as I am open, and willing to talk and at least consider what they have to say - BAFH

You have identified by this statement, the core damage

the WT does to people, it isolates them from feeling "normal"

You are alone in a crowd ? You feel you are "on the outside"

That is a result of your de-socialization by the WT.

You seem to retain some fundamental attachment to the "Society"

the "Organization" which indicates you may also believe,

"they have the truth" And to "survive" you have to be "associated"

Tell me when I getting warm. Have you read Crisis of Conscience ?

If not do so, because its an INSIDERS book. General books on cults

will not do the job, this is the 'Man' speaking from the throne of the

Governing Body to let you in on the real truth about who they are

and who they are not.

I was there, when all the "Excitement" was blazened all over the

Awake and Watchtower about 1975, people were very, very, excited.

So taken in that they sold their houses, and went pioneering, gave up everything,

sent their money to the WT. Because the New System was upon us in 1975,

It was a sure thing, we could taste it. And when it all collapsed ( as all predictions

and vague promises of the WT do ) The WT did not give any money back,

and they BLAMED the common publishers , and took no responsibilty for

what they had written and declared at big conventions, that 1975 was the end

of 6,000 years and the beginning of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ.

So how are you enjoying the first 39 years of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ ?

You need to really work on deprogramming yourself, get help. JOIN something,

lots of things, go to College !! Join a team. Travel club, hiking club, bike club,

Volunteer and do some REAL Christian service.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Sunday morning has a symposium about things to look forward to in the new system. Each part of the symposium features a talk with a demonstration, usually a family or friends sitting around discussing various aspects to be looked forward to.

One group of 5 young men were discussing what they will do or what kind of house they want to live in. There was a lot of emotional appeal to the whole symposium.

I'm going by memory, but there were 7 or 8 parts to this symposium: Perfect health, peace between humans and animals, no more Satan, "new scrolls" (Searcher would be cringing - their reasoning was quite lacking), the "pure language," serving God perfectly, (there might be a couple others).

One sister who had attended a couple weeks earlier described Sunday morning as a sort of Pièce de résistance .

The public discourse (Earth's New Ruler - Who Really Qualifies?) was given by Kenneth Flodine, introduced as a "GB helper." The drama Sunday afternoon was a curious theatrical production that was shown over the large TVs and produced by the Society. It used stage props such as you would see on a stage. The final 50 minute talk was given by Anthony Morris (of the GB) via tie-in from Atlanta. It rambled a bit. But he does have a sense of humor.

On a side note, the Atlanta DC had a weather emergency right at finish time Sunday (I think it was a T-Storm with tornado potential). They asked the audience to stay in the building for 20 minutes after the final prayer until it passed through.

Bobcat

• zeb
    zeb

Jgnat: you are on the money! Take the norebook and note down hm times Jesus is mentioned and note hm times they lay on guilt trips and time speakers to see hm go over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit