So how are elders going to be appointed again from now on?

by toto555 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toto555
    toto555

So have we got any additional clarification since the initial announcement on this? The change is almost 1 month away and we still don't know how this is going to work exactly? So what's the deal? Is the CO going to make all the decisions from now on regarding this? Or will the elders on the body still have a role to play? Plus, how is the CO going to go about making the decisions on who to appoint etc.? How is all this going to work guys?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A large dartboard in the back room.

• steve2
    steve2

As with Rabbit Stew, first get your rabbit. Where are all the brothers stepping forward expressing interest in the first place? If New Zealand's any indication, the paucity of suitable candidates for becoming elders is a constant problem.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The CO is the now the new boss in town, (probably about the same as the old boss in town).

Probably takes the names recommended, plugs them into a secret WT database for pedos and apostates, and if no red flags come up its a rubber stamp approval.

Just a nice little layer of protection that the old WTBTS cooked up in their lab to keep lawsuits another step away from HQ and their huge stacks of cash.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yep, lostgeneration has it right.

Layers and layers of secretive manipulation. Plausible deniability while all the while pulling the strings. CO will appoint with the ORG's backing.

• freddo
    freddo

Yeah, it'll probably feel the same, just that the CO will have the final word in the vast majority of cases.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OK, let's review: The WTBTS changes things up once in a while to give the illusion of being progressive. It's what they need to do because nothing real is changing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Queen still confirms the appointment of Canada's Prime Minister. Any guesses when the last time that Royalty declined to accept the country's wishes?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I agree with Steve. I know the last congregation we were in there were more than 30 men who were regular at the meetings but they were never even appointed as MS. I may be wrong but I think most do not want the responsibilities or they have been a servant before and know what it is all about. I know my husband was an elder for years and he did not want anything to do with it. They begged him to be one again and he would slack off on his hours so they wouldn't appoint him.

They will come up with some dumb plan to make it look like it is from Jehovah!

• zeb
    zeb

LG: and if any one of the new elders goes criminal in will all be dumped into the CO's lap. If there is any 'civil' action for any reason.. then ditto. and as you say this puts a further distance between the wts and any complainant .

Any news on the Conti case? My guess is it fairly rattled their windows and we will see more and more changes. Any elder with half a brain will resign immediately unless they are prepared to risk their home and whatever $$ they have defending some case whether real or spurious. Who would be a CO?. The state of 'membership' is denied by the wt lawyers they saying that jw are all on their personal mission etc so it follows that any recommendation by any CO will carry the same state of denial attached if all goes wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit