freemasons

by jolly_green_giant 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

A couple of things.

Russell was not a Mason. He was fascinated by the teachings of the Masons but was NOT one himself.

Masons is more of a social club with slight religious overtones. It is a men's club that "takes good men and tries to make them better." per a 32nd degree mason.

I have been approached on a couple of occasions to become a Mason but have not accepted that offer, yet.

The Masons do look to the Knights Templar as being the forefathers of the current group but this is only one division of hte Masons, there are others, such as the Shriners.

Masons do a lot of community work and charity fund raising. For this reason I commend them and laud their efforts. They do not claim to be the one true religion but do embrace all religious cultures including Moslems, Hindus, Jews and Christians. All one must do is confess a belief in a Creator (God).

The above information is what I have determined personally through research and direct contact with several high ranking Masons.

Hope that helps.

Kismet

• COMF
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

Though I have never been a Free Mason, my grandfather was a Mason. However, I did attended their open house at the local lodge. It was an enjoyable occasion. They do a lot for charity. But much study is involved if you want to join and get your degrees. If you are in business, it is an excellent opportunity to network.

As was mentioned in previous posts there is a lot of information out there about the Masons. But you can also call your local lodge and find out when they will have an open house. That way you can see for yourself.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit