freemasons

by jolly_green_giant 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

anyone on this board ever known a freemason?

and can i possibly get some info on the freemasons please.

• cellomould
    cellomould

When I was an obedient little Jdub, I met one out in the field ministry. He was in a wheelchair and couldn't speak very well, but he kept pointing to his ring.

His wife told me later that he was a Mason.

If you want to see an interesting (of course fictional) depiction of the Freemasons, watch the movie From Hell. There are some Freemasons in the movie.

cellomould

"You're crying 'why am I the victim?' when the culprit is YOU" Stevie Wonder

• cellomould
    cellomould

Also, about 7 years ago, when I was still in high school, there was a ceremony for the school's 100th anniversary. A few men from the Masons were there to consecrate a new statue.

At the time I didn't recognize it as a religious rite of some sort. But I did recognize that it was damn strange.

cellomould

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why not look up a lodge in your area?

Rosicrucians are associated w the masons. Here is a number to call in california. It's some kind of rosicrucian centre. Maybe they can help. 408-947-3600

SS

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

A Wiccan friend of mine was a free mason. He gave me a bunch of info on them. It has become more of a christian social club now instead of a place where people can share some kind of life stories. I know you have to believe in One God whatever God that may be. I didn't get too deep into it because I just wasn't all that interested.

• larc
    larc

A man I used to work with is a 32nd degree Mason. We are both retired now. He emails me on a regular basis under the name, OLD JOKER, when he sends me jokes. Once in awhile he writes about his wife who suffered from cancer and asks for me to remember her in my prayers. Fortunately, his wife is recovering, and after severe cancer treatment, seems to be free of the dreaded disease.

Yep, I know a Freemason.

• cellomould
    cellomould

What about the fact that you have to be a man?!
    Is this still true?

Misogynist men's club...phooey!

cellomould

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Any Masonic Lodge would be happy to give you information and pamphlets about them. The Masons had a booth set up the last two years at out County Fair giving out tons of information about what the Masons believe and do at meetings. You can try the link below for some info or try searching the web yourself. There are just too many sites to list. There are pro and con sites, more pro Mason.

> http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/Masonry/

• simplesally
    simplesally

Well, my great grandfather was a Shriner, which is of the mason group. My grandma was an Eastern Star and then they also had I think, Jobs Daughters.

You had to believe in God, be a "christian" and you can't join on your own, you have to be recommended.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

There's a slew of them in my town, acquaintances and relatives. There are two types, visible and invisible. Go into your web-site and click into Masons, etc. Go to a Library. They pose as a brotherhood. By the way, they do not all wear a ring and there are different types.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit