We are an Evil Aposta-Family

by Skinnedsheep 25 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi Skinnedsheep, Hubby and I are very glad you are no longer "stuckinamovement"! We looked for you every day at the Tahoe meet up. Really hope you can make it next year. You are wise not to define your family by Watchtower standards. Congratulations on sucessfully leaving this destructive cult!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I know it is hard at times but at least you did the right thing by getting out!

Your children hopefully are young enough to forget the JW association and develop school friends.

Now you can celibrate birthdays and holidays.

Ignore the thinking and calling yourself names because life keeps moving.

Good job!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

You saved your children. You sir, are a great man.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

You saved your children at an early age.

I hope your read Crisis of Conscience to cleanse your mind

and conscience completely of any lingering ideas

you might retain that the WT has any value or credibility.

I hope you are able to rid yourself of the fear of birthdays

and holidays of every kind and fully integrate yourselves into

deep connections in your community and find new loyal friends

who will stick with you through thick and thin. Please start inviting

school children over from your neighborhood and school chums

your children probably already have and tell them YES, you may

accept birthday invitations and YES you can join scouts and YES

you can play softball and do activities like other kids do.

And in 7 or 8 years start talking to that now 6 years old, about

how to get into a good college and help them develop their skills.

And please, get rid of all the toxic Watchtower "Bible Study" aids.

You are so fortunate to have made it out with family intact.

• Gideon
    Gideon

Skinnedsheep Congrats!

You have just started down the "road less traveled" for jdub families. My wife and three children (teenagers at the time) commence on this road back in December of 2001 when I resigned as the Watchtower conductor and as an Elder. We endured similar treatment.We have not looked back.

Rejoining the "Human Race" is a beautiful thing.

I rarely post, however I felt compelled after reading your experience.

I had a major flashback.

Peace be unto.

Gideon

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't look back in anger - look forward with thankfulness that you have a wife who also recognized the TRUTH when she saw it. And most importantly, you have saved not only your children from becoming enslaved to the G.B. "god", but as parents you have saved yourself from a lifetime of guilt and recriminations - Well done!

I look forward to my imminent release fromm the control & captivity!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

You sound like a great family and SO kind.

You definitely did the right thing, in walking away. It's brilliant that you still have your faith and are teaching your kids decent Christian values.

The Watchtower can go hang.

So happy you have a "real" life now.

XX

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have said this many times on different threads. It just amazes me how they are prepared to spend billions of dollars and countless man hours trying to get New recruit and yet will do practically nothing to retain a member. I have had a very similar experience to you when I left the Borg e.g only 3 people could be bothered to see where I was and this is after many decades of loyal service. I'm just a fader didn't choose to go down the DA /DF line. In some ways I'm glad there was a no show but then on the other hand, "Only 3. Come on"!!!!!! Anyway I'm coming up to my 1 year anniversary of leaving. Still finding it challenging, but will never go back.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That is what they believe. We all know how we will be viewed when we start thinking for ourselves, when we leave. We may not be prepared for the actual reality of it though.

The practise what they preach about shunning - they don't particularly worry about the important stuff like, love they neighbor, do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

• Fernando
    Fernando

What a blessing for your family to be shown clearly what they have left behind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit