Richard Dawkins defends “mild pedophilia,” says it does not cause “lasting harm”

by chrisuk 320 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bohm
    bohm

Chrisuk: For some people here it doesn't matter what Dawkins said they'd defend him.

fairly ironic to hear that from someone who has been unable to provide even a single quote supporting your many accusations against dawkins.

Just as they once defended the WTS. Couldn't possibly be wrong twice?

never a jw but hey, why start caring about accuracy when you got a winning accusation!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the discussion.

buy!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

bohn-dawkins remark on mild pedophelia is purely autobiographical if you actually bother reading the quote: someone fondled dawkins and today he cant make himself condemn the abuser.

"He can't make himself condemn the abuser"? Really ? As if this is some virtue on his part ? Your own lack of insight and knowledge of, or abilty to reason on, this subject is disturbing. To read what you write, you seem to agree there is "mild" pedophilia that is acceptable. There is no such thing. You are deluded. Exactly why you are deluded, may be because you were raised a JW in a spiritually abusive society where your boundaries were constantly violated, which means you can't tell where you end and the other person begins. As a JW you never experienced or had any model of basic accountability since there is no accountability by the Elders,Overseers or Governing Body. Or perhaps you are convinced the written 'protection policy' of pedophiles, by the WT Society, was justifiable and this man's statement you take as some sort of moral validation of WT practices ? The other possible reasons we can all speculate on.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

bohm wrote -is it still his feelings re his own abuser he should not have according to you?

Feelings for his own abuser ? Bohm, if you are an abuser and think little children you have sex with have feelings for you, you need to seek help and turn yourself in.

If you were abused and have "feelings"

(which would really be a self-destructive attachment)

for the predator, you need to also seek professional help.

• bohm
    bohm

Villagegirl: you seem to agree there is "mild" pedophilia that is acceptable. There is no such thing. You are deluded.

How can i agree with dawkins on that when he exactly sayes he condemn pedophelia today? You are being rude, lazy and inaccurate.

The other possible reasons we can all speculate on.

no please go ahead. is it because i am an abuser or abused?

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Possibly both bohm. You seem to be simpathetic toward "mild pedophilia" What are your views on mild rape?

• bohm
    bohm

Villagirl: Bohm, if you are an abuser and think little children you have sex with have feelings for you, you need to seek help and turn yourself in. If you were abused and have feelings for the predator, you need to also seek professional help.

Well thank you for the advice wrapped in a very nasty accusation!

in related news, if you shot jfk, report at the local police station.

can you discuss this as a grown up?

• cofty
    cofty

Can anybody pint out where Dawkins "defends" mild pedophilia?

I read Dawkin's comments on this incident many years ago. It never crossed my mind he was defending anything.

He simply observes that his, fairly mild, experience did him no lasting harm. He also went on to condemn all sexual abuse of children. To acknowledge that there are degrees of sexual assault is not so say anything controversial is it?

• bohm
    bohm

Chrisuk: my, i thought you left!

What are your views on mild rape?

you must first define mild rape, i dont know the term.

• cofty
    cofty

I think he first referred to the incident in his 2003 book "A Devil's Chaplain".

It's hardly news.

• bohm
    bohm

Cofty: i posted dawkins words a page back, but nobody has yet managed to read them...

However, I think there is a growing concensus i am actually a krypto-pedophile like dawkins. one can tell the difference compared to a real pedophile because the krypto pedophile never sayes or do anything in support of pedophelia..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit