Do You Ever Think That You "Loved" Jehovah God?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

min

He has given them life to serve Him (the organization).

How so? The WT's "Jehovah god" hasn't "GIVEN" anything, they have to earn everything.

As a Christian (not JW) I earn nothing, God gives everything.

• Focus
    Focus

minimus, I congratulate you on the improvement. Marked indeed!

The answer to the thread title is:

God vs a god

prophet vs "prophet"

prophet vs prophet-like

inspired vs "inspired"

truth vs the truth

and thus

love vs "love"

LouBelle:

I had a love for my god and wanted to please him......then realised I couldn't and that I he wasn't good enough

I corrected your typo. HTH!

__

Focus

("F**k agape" Class)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I think I was supposed to love our creator / Jehovah ......but I could never really get my head around talking to imaginary friends....

I just played along ever since I was a kid.

The only real feelings I ever had was that of guilt..inflicted on me from the organisation for just being a normal human being and actually finding enjoyment in the normal things of life......

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I was SCARED of a God that would flip out and have bears eat children and other psychotic things over a minor transgression. So it was more like fear > forced worship. I saw no reason to love someone that caused my life to suck and did nothing to directly help me when I asked for it, though.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I found it very hard to love a god that was constantly threatening me and filling me with guilt. There are definitely things that could make me feel love such as sending his Son and creation but the prism the Watchtower put God through made it very difficult.

• minimus
    minimus

It's hard to love someone you can't see and have a conversation with.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Never.

I don't love mass murderers.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

I loved and trusted J*****h 100%.

Yes, I had doubts about some teachings, but I knew it would all make sense in the future. I was just running ahead of the Org, right?

My fleshly brother (who was never in the cult) would call J*****h a cruel, war-god. I humoured him, what did he know?

Turns out my bro was right.

You live & learn (once you've left the cult).

TF1

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I now realize I didn’t as much as I thought. I was there for the promise. I was there for the lie I was spoon fed.

• minimus
    minimus

Love is overrated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit