Do You Ever Think That You "Loved" Jehovah God?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I really wonder about that.

Just like they say in prayers, that they "love" the Governing Body---do they really???

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes indeed, I think he's a bleeping bleep head now. Kate xx

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't think I ever did. I tried to, sure, but I couldn't make sense of too much of the OT's needless violence and the punishment of the children for the sins of the father stuff.

Left me in a weird place for my entire (if relatively brief) adult life, where I was going along because the only way for it not to be the truth was for my parents (both pretty smart folks) to have completely missed that they'd been systematically lied to for decades.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have been out of the tower since 83.

Jehovah is what I call my higher power, other times I call him Jesus, other times the supreme

power of the universe.

I have learned a long time ago to have an attitude of grattitude.

So I thank my higher power for Good Orderly Direction.

And I love him for it.

• minimus
    minimus

Nicely put, James!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

min

From the JW's viewpoint why should they love him? What would/does a JW have to be thankful for? What do they believe their god has done for them?

• minimus
    minimus

He has given them life to serve Him (the organization).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was supposed to love a god that insisted that I was willing to sacrifice everything for its own fat self. Now, if this jesus was supposed to be the perfect sacrifice, to which nothing else ever need be added, then why was I being asked to sacrifice everything myself?

• minimus
    minimus

God is not the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit