Would like all of your imput on this. Please

by Still Totally ADD 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you all for such great advice on this subject. You all have given us much encouragement and many things we have already thought of and many more we have not. You all have open our minds to great possibilities on what we can do. This is what I have glean from what you have all told me.

1. financial planning is very important 2. Remember we are older we could get sick or even be in a auto accident 3. Have at lease 2 or 3 years of complete living expenses locked away 4. Establish a reasonable schedule before leaving 5. Make sure you have internet access 6. Read about other people who have done it 7. Rent a RV at first instead of buying one 8. Think about renting our home instead of selling it 9. If we get a RV get a simple well built one 10. Don't gamble all you have on this adventure 11. Expand our interest and travel to Europe 12. RV's get low gas mileage look at that expense 13. Keep your hous in FL 14. Look for discussion forums on the internet on RVing 15. Real estate appreciates but RV's depreciate 16. Have a base home to go to when health goes bad. 17. Do your math on RV repair 18. Think Wal-mart or other cheap places to set-up 19. Think about a camper or trailer instead of a motor home 20. Lease your home for a year and don't burn your bridges. 21. Never sell your real estate unless you absolutely have to 22. Remember we have a mortgage free home it may not be wise to give up. 23. Have alternative safety net. 24. Do Europe first on the cheap staying at hostels 25. Take advantage of renting both homes as vaction homes. 26. Time to go looking for my lost mind. LOL 27. Don't let anxiety take over, enjoy life one day at a time 28. Buy older camper not a motorhome 29. Do it for only a month and calculate your expenses to see if we can afford it 30. Look at web-sites on renting your home and web-sites on RVing.

30 great points and I am sure when I read this post again I will get more idea's. This is what I love about this site. Again Thanks to all of you and maybe if we do end up RVing we will get to meet some of you wonderful folks. Still Totally ADD

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

Wow, that's an excellent summary, STADD. Now you and your wife can take your time to discuss and think through each one carefully in the time before you are ready to hit the road, and come up with a plan that is sensible, workable, and really right for you. All good wishes to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit