Would like all of your imput on this. Please

by Still Totally ADD 41 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

One of my older sisters and husband did that until their early 80s.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That sounds like it would be very fun. I love herbs also, I have been expanding into more herbs and veggies this year. I have a small "New urban" size lot, but it's amazing what you can do even so. I made a three feet by two fee raised planter, which I thought was pretty big, but the two tomatoes and squash I put in quickly grew to dwarf the box. I have never had tomatoes get that big.

I would have a hard time living in an RV, I am a homebody, but if that appeals to you, why not? My husband will be returning in a few years, he plans to cash out his unused sick leave and go on a European trip, I am looking forward to that.

I knew a family that did that. He owned his own business, they took off for a year and saw every state in the US, via RV.

• finally awake
    finally awake

As an owner of an old camper, I recommend *not* buying a motorhome. I suggest that you might be happier with a towed camper or fifth wheel and a pickup truck. Towed campers are a lot cheaper than motorhomes, plus you can get used models without worrying about the engine blowing up. Our camper is nearly 40 years old, hasn't really had a lot of work done on the mechanicals since we bought it 10 years ago. We've got less than $10K in it, and it's plenty big for 2 people to live in.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm doing okay, TotallyADD; thanks for asking. You could still do what I've advised, except you could rent or sell the Florida house.

• integ
    integ

I say go for it. Sounds like a great adventure...one you'll always be glad you embarked on. All the best.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Over 60 heading for 70 ? This is a time for a stable secure base.

Travel is great, but to expect to make real income from teaching

gardening along the way, is not realistic. I am confused, since you

own your house and will get pensions, why you have to sell anything?

You buy a used RV and thats your only home in yourr 60's and 70's ?

Have you ever even tried doing this for a single month?

The reality of living in vehicle that requires repair and gasoline

and needs a $50-$65 a night hook-up, just so you can

use the shower and toilet, may wear thin after a month or so

on the road and going from trailer park to trailer park.

30 days X $65 a night =$1,950 a month just to have

a bed and a toilet and shelter? and that does not include gasoline

at $4 a gallon. 10 miles per gallon @ 100 miles a day will cost $1,200

a month in GAS ---- so thats $1,950 for hook-up parking and $1,200 for

gas to go from town to town ? And if this vehicle breaks down ?

Or you get sick ? Where do you go ? Think about it.

Take a trip for three months on the road. See how you like it.

And then recalculate.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

What an adventure. Pehaps when you get those odd jobs you can put a little bit away into a savings for when you decide to stop so that you would have some funds.

• millie210
    millie210

I like EndofMysteries advice. You can have your cake and eat it too.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If you want to try renting out your house try airbnb.com I hae used it to go on vacation and really like the service. It can give you an idea of what it is like/ what is involed in renting out your house.

• blondie
    blondie

We have that goal. My husband is retired but doing part-time jobs and we save his salary. We are waiting until I qualify for Medicare in a couple of years and then we pay for it out of our sick leave escrow account. We aren't going to get a huge RV. Try rv'ing now and find out how you can downsize and look online for a DB of those who are doing this. Develop a business that you can do online and while you travel to supplement any retirement. We have a small rv and each time we use it we realize how we have too much stuff.

http://www.wheelingit.us/2011/09/22/10-things-i-wished-id-known-before-fulltime-rving/

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Full-Time-RVing-Life/dp/0934798532

http://www.rv-dreams.com/preparation.html

and more

http://www.ighome.com/search.aspx?q=full-time%20rving&cx=partner-pub-9759840060944682:1937503931&cof=FORID:10&ie=UTF-8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit