Advice on fading needed

by wallievase 24 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulaCaptiva
    PaulaCaptiva

Allergies to the perfume of elders wives, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, depression,Epstein Barr, are all great JW fade standbys. Remember medical records are private.

Switching halls or actually moving helps you get lost in the shuffle.

Being "stumbled" helps.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree that your wife's embarrassment will fade after a time. Hubby came up with some standard excuses and a few whoppers to keep off the nosy.

I want her to be more in your side. Maybe fix up the house or do one of her chores while she is off at the meeting. I have a wicked streak and used to offer hubby to report four hours a month for "family study" night. You might do something for real, studying for instance, the Beatitudes, Hebrews or Romans. One rule, all her opinions are celebrated. This awakens her natural personality which might be more sympathetic towards your own independence.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"One rule, all her opinions are celebrated" , I would celebrate her own, true, individual opinions, stay silent if she spouts WT propaganda.

I think that is what dear jgnat means in her excellent post.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Hi wallievase.

Many have said it but it have to be stressed: if you only want to fade but not DA or be DF, do not write anything to anyone...writing is the best way to be considered as DA people.

for the rest, there is no perfect advise as each situation is different. I can only tell you what i do, it is your solution number 2. I go to every meeting to appease the wife (even if i am always very late) and go sometimes in FS (some months i do not go at all and cake service time in my report). My wife is to much "in" the dubs to accept me fading right now.... And i have to Say that sometimes, it is hard to deal with....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Phizzy, excellent correction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit