I answered the FDS loyalty question to the elders / Here is their response

by Daniel1555 26 Replies latest members private

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I would be prone to apostasy. So the elders decided that I am not allowed to talk to any other brother or family member about these things

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!

100% Cult control!

Truth stands up on it's own. No matter what anyone says truth is it's own defence.

What examples are there in the bible of ones not being able to talk to one another freely because they were told not to? None? Oh, thought not.

Your elders are arrogant, self righteous governing body worshipping tw@ts.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thank you Phizzy: "I left for good reasons..." is a good reply.

You said JWs don't care about doctrine. Last week my parents asked me to which convention I go. I told them that I am not going because the last conventions were not encouraging for me with all the reminders about shunning family.

My mum was first shocked. I also told her that I don't believe these doctrines about 1914, 1919 etc and that in this convention they highlight the 100 year anniversary of the kingdom.

Afterwards she calmed down. She said these doctrines are not important to her, even if they are wrong.

• goingthruthemotions
  • Terry
    Terry

What do you call the "thing" which stands between the worshipper and God?

You call it an IDOL.

The Governing Body seeks to become the IDOL of Jehovah's Witness members.

CONSCIENCE is a word which is problematic for the Governing Body.

Why? Because a conscience, especially a Christian conscience, makes the GB irrelevant!

Take prayer, for instance. Why is it we are not instructed to pray in the name of "the anointed Governing Body" of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Because they are irrelevant to communcation with God, that's why!

Why don't two or more Elders have to be present for our prayers to be heard?

Because the GB are irrelevant, that's why.

The existence of the GB is a splinter in the eye of conscience.

They are acting as a wedge between the Faithful and their God.

Catholics, for example, cannot be forgiven unless they insert the authority of the Church by means of the priest in confession!

The Governing Body is almost there. Just a few years more and they will be the Latter Day Catholic Church of Jehovah!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Your answer was near perfect. Vague enough to not incriminate yourself, and clear enough on the fact that you love and obey Jehoober.

Well done. I dont see how they can use it against you.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Daniel - you should have also told your mom that Fridays program, "What things go in 2nd place" - family, health, financial security, marriage, food, etc, are very discouraging and offensive. The bible clearly states a man who doesn't provide for members of his own household is worse than a man without faith, yet the convention is saying all of those go in 2nd place. And recent WT, 9/1/2014 study says that it's more important to pioneer than to take care of elderly parents needing help. IF you follow the WT advice on that, then if your mom needs help in the future, she should understand you pioneering is more important and should be happy with the help her congregation can give her, IF any.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Endofmysteries

My mum knows about many mistakes of the org. She also knows about the faults in the blood doctrine. She dislikes the shunning policy. She experienced firsthand the 1975 hype and didn't take that seriously. She knows that the bible says nothing against birthdays and that Jobs sons celebrated birthdays. When me and my sister were kids she cooked our favourite meal on our birthdays.

But she thinks the organisation is imperfect and even though they make mistakes they do everything out of good motives.

Well, she is about 60 years in "the truth." Then it is difficult to see the objective truth about the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit