Most absurd thing mentioned at District Convention, excuse me, Regional Convention

by Separation of Powers 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

amazing....Oh I cant wait to hear all of this in October...(I say sarcastically)

Hey OEJoe...That last comment cracks me up the most! It is actually The Org / GB / JW.ORG / WTBTS that have made me into an agnostic! I mean, if they claim to represent God, then I want nothing to do with him.....

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

One Eyed Joe,

I recall the same demo with the young guys and "Satisfying the desire." I thought it was kind of a crack up....in circles that no one at Bethel mentions, the belief of some of the big wigs is that in the "new order" or "Paradise" everyone will be assigned where they will live just like when Jehovah assigned the Promised Land....So the demo is moot. This SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE DEMO>>>>

(Young kid) Hey, I wanted to live in the mountains!

(Eartly Prince) Sorry kid, all the mountain estates are already filled by "helpers" to the GB and Circuit Overseers under 70.

(Young kid) What about the beach then? Can I live on the beach?

(Earthly Prince) -stifling a laugh- Kid, look, you didn't pioneer, you didnt go to bethel, your record of faithful service as found in the new scrolls shows that you worked on a quick build once and helped with the Kingdom Hall cleaning and microphones. You'll take what your given.

(Young kid) Well, what about the beach?

(Earthly Prince) Look, the beach estates are filled with the young widows of former Governing Body members and members of the Service Committee and Legal Department. The former, because they sacrificed so much by being married to those men that they knew would end up going to heaven and deserve it. The latter, because they helped the organization survive the pedo scandals and kept the organization solvent.

(Young kid)-rolling his eyes- What about all that talk at the assembly of satisfying the desire of every living thing? I mean, I made it into Paradise and now you're telling me I have to live where I don't want to live?

(Earthly Prince)-a practiced stern look- Kid, let me ask you a question...Do you want to live or die?

(Young kid)-sheepishly- Live.

(Earthly Prince) Is your desire to live greater than your desire to reside in the mountains or by the beach?

(Young kid)- Of course.

(Earthly Prince)- Then your "desire" -finger quotes- is being satisfied.

(Young kid)- Well, I guess. -he hesitates, scratching his head- Where am I going to live then?

(Earthly Prince)-pulling out a notebook computer and accessing the "scrolls" as found on JW.org- You have been assigned to live over that hill. -he points-

(Young kid)- But....that's where the old garbage dump was!

(Earthly Prince) You know, you're right. It's there waiting to be transformed into a paradise. Maybe you should have thought about doing more back in the old system. All those people who sacrificed are getting the choicest lots, the best views, the prime real estate, THEIR desires are a lot more important than yours.

(Young kid)- walking away with his head down- Doesn't sound much like a Paradise for the rest of us.

(Earthly Prince) -perturbed- Excuse me, WHAT?!?

(Young kid) Nothing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on SOP!

As there is clear favouritism in the org now, you can bet there will be the same in the NEW WORLD...and even more so as they will be revelling in a sense of entitlement for getting there!

Of course all of this is fantasy, as there will be no NEW WORLD anyway!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

""MAYBE WE WILL BE ASIGNED WHERE TO LIVE""

That is an old one, have heard it since the 70ies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit