Update on shunning@the store. Watchtower victorious.

by quellycatface 16 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yep, that's right. After all my friends and my efforts, the shunning carries on.

The 3 people who were shunning me at my local supermarket, still, are carrying on this practice.

Little subtleties like avoiding eye contact, making busy as I walk past and looks out of the corner of their eyes. You know the modus operandi.

Nothing now the store can do about it. Unless I go right up and say "good morning" or ask where a particular item is located, I'm back to square 1. They carry on their little games, like 11yr olds in the school playground.

I tried but the Watchtower won.

• stillin
    stillin

I'd say they lose. They lose you as friend. They lose their dignity as they act so silly. They lose sight of what's important!

• Focus
    Focus

quellycatface, if "we" do this piecemeal, the first time the Watchtower Society is held legally and financially responsible for the appalling mental damage done by its shunning policy, and made to pay some substantial sum - $10,000,000.00 would qualify - you bet it will be receiving NEW LIGHT that "Jehovah changed her mind about shunning" before even ten seconds has elapsed, and all those continuing to shun will be liable to be disfellowshipped.

__

Focus

("Future" Class)

• happy@last
    happy@last

If people choose to act like that do you really want to interact with them anyway? I don't, I'm happy enough without having to make small talk with such people

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

If people choose to act like that do you really want to interact with them anyway? I don't, I'm happy enough without having to make small talk with such people

The problem is, if they are true believers, they really don't have a choice do they? Certain people shun me and the few times I did get to speak with them they told me that they don't want to but they have to be loyal to thier god... It's not really a choice when they really believe god is holding a gun to their head if they talk to former believers is it?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

stillin: I'd say they lose. They lose you as friend. They lose their dignity as they act so silly. They lose sight of what's important!

cognisonance: they told me that they don't want to but they have to be loyal to thier god

Their God is the WTBTS.

It's sadly ironic. JWs give a lot of lip-service to being "courageous" and "standing-firm for righteousness," but the truth is they all succumb to fear of man when they are blindly obedient to the capricious dictates of the WTBTS, their golden idol.

Or in this case, their blue-dotted idol:

jw logo

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

It's sadly ironic. JWs give a lot of lip-service to being "courageous" and "standing-firm for righteousness," but the truth is they all succumb to fear of manwhen they are blindly obedient to the capricious dictates of the WTBTS, their golden idol.

That may be what is happening, but for the true believer, I doubt they are aware of that. They really think they are obeying god. They don't realize they are succumbing to fear of man. They may be blindly obedient, but it's becase their minds are controled and don't see what is really happening. They are captives to the religion.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

cognisonance: I doubt they are aware of that. They really think they are obeying god.

I understand and I agree.

But it doesn't invalidate what I said. The fact that a person that is manipulated and controlled by another is unaware of it only emphasizes the irony of their illusion of self-determination.

According to the Gospel of John, Jesus said:

“I have said these things to you so that you may not be stumbled. Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God. - John 16:1, 2

Shunning is the JW equivalent of capital-punishment.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Fair enough. It is sadly ironic as you say. I really feel sorry for the friends that left me behind when I decided to never return to their religion.

• LV101
    LV101

Focus - haven't there been legal cases re/shunning already. The wonderful laws in place in this country are all about protecting the religious entities not the poor member/ex-member. I can't even discuss with my husband anymore when he spouts the legal drama protecting "freedom of religion." Makes me sick! I appreciate the right to worship wherever I choose in this country but religions use it to their benefit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit