Beards......the CO allowed this one!

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Here in Australia, it is frowned on for any appointed man.

I reckon it is just because it has "always been that way, hence it can't possible be acceptable to wear a beard!"

But what about the many appointed bros who have long sideburns, or moustaches?

Such inconsistent reasoning!

There is NO scriptural reason for not having a beard...(in fact there is scriptural reason TO have one!)

But, if a bro grows one...it will be slammed under the 'disrespectful brazen conduct rule'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The slack on the leash changes from time to time and place to place, but make no mistake...

...the relationship between the parties on each end of the leash will always remain the same.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

1960's PO course at London Bethel. Note the PO with the beard!

Note also front row left - you can just make out a lady PO who was deliberately left out of the original photograph. My father is in the pic, I have the original photo.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tim hooper - "1960's PO course at London Bethel. Note the PO with the beard!"

Not unexpectedly, he's the best-looking fellow in the bunch.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Punk- Does "minny" man mean he has no privileges?

Recently, the same happen to someone I know. No medical or skin rash issues either. Everyone gave him a hard time. The C.O. said leave him alone. But he has no privledges. This is in the U.S.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KiddingMe - "...he has no privledges. This is in the U.S."

American JWs tend to be the most hard-core.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Thanks for posting that pic Tim Hooper. I know women acted in the capacity of congregation servant, but surprised to see one attending the school. Did your dad ever say how the elders felt about her attending?

Do any elders at London branch have beards today?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

kidding

Punk- Does "minny" man mean he has no privileges?

No mi duck, he's a Ministerial Servant(TM)

• alanv
    alanv

The Watchtower is becoming much more mainstream now. The result is that some things are allowed and some are not.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The JW's are a perfect example of combinding Bethel and factory corporate culture into their Dogma. So it's like your beard is making Jehovah sad or it's wrong because it might stumble someone.

They have consistently prefered the 1950's standard of grooming.

Besides seeing only men in the picture I also don't see any persons of color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit