Beards......the CO allowed this one!

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

There's several beards in our congo. including elders and an MS... it's no big deal here...

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

overhere too beards, although its a rare sight, are allowed

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This CO must be less than 45 years old.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Do you think the WBT$ might be letting go of the beard control freakery?

• inbetween
    inbetween

here, beards are rare, but even some brothers with privilges have them.

It depends on the congo, and thats what the official stance is according to my knowledge, its a decsion of the elders, the org wont get involved.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

It depends on the BOE. Here in the U.S. it is almost certainly frowned on. I had a soul patch and always had to shave it off before assembly parts per the DO. There is an elder in my mother-in-law's small congregation (he is 1 of 3 elders) in southern U.S. who has a beard. He gave public talks at other KHs, but often wasn't invited back after elders realized he was bearded.

When I go to the KH with my wife, I get compliments on my beard. I think beards are pretty much a non-issue among the congregation members. Not enough male JWs have the courage to just do it. They're waiting around on the Ok from Branch. This is similar to the white shirt only norm they had several years ago. Eventually a GB member will sport a beard and the green light will be on.

C'mon Mark Sanderson, go ahead and rock that beard or goatee.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Do you think the rules differ from the UK to the USA?

• galaxie
    galaxie

I hate when they separate the sheep from the goatees!!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

It definitely varies from UK to U.S.

I wonder about parts of Africa. My family took a picture with an African delegate at the international convention in Arlington, TX. The delegate had a beard. This was surprising to me. I thought the foreign delegates had a dress code. Are beats ok in parts of Africa?

That question sounds so strange to me... "Are beards Ok?" Gotta be a high control group.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, there are quite a few brothers with beards. Plenty of brothers have been encouraged by elders and overseers to have beards.

And by beard , I mean:

11) ( LGBT , slang ) A woman who accompanies a gay male in order to give the impression that he is heterosexual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit