WATCHTOWER on revelation's MYSTERY GREAT BABYLON, And your view about it

by gggolovkin 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The best explanation I have ever heard about the book of Revelation is that my main man John was nibblin' on the shrooms that are abundant on the Isle of Patmos.

In all seriousness, if Gawd Almighty had some instructions for us, he'd certainly be able to deliver them in a manner better than the book of Revalation.

• kaik
    kaik

The Babylon of Revelation was Rome. Elaine Pagels who is an expert on the Gospels and 1st century Christianity also said in her book "Revelations: Visions, Prophecy, and Politics in the Book of Revelation" that it was Rome. There is not really much sense to associate provincial impoverished city in Judea like Jerusalem with wealthy cities full of merchants like was Rome, Alexandria, and Antioch. For 1st century Jews who witnessed destruction of their province and capital, the comparison to Rome made a sense as it was seen similar what Babylonians had done hundreds of years earlier.

• Fernando
    Fernando

If their is arsenic in the honey, how do you eat it?

There is one part of the mystery.

The other part is telling them apart.

The honey is faith, spirituality and the liberating gospel message (what God has done).

Religion is the arsenic (apostate legalism, moralism and doctrinal ethnocentrism).

• Giordano
    Giordano

Newbies......fresh out of the JW canned food aisle....... can't live with them and can't live without them.

But frankly guys/gals what you believed as a JW is meaningless now but if you still want to wade around in it.....I understand. It's hard to let go.

The Society never had the truth and they never will. If you start out with 19th century nonsense about chronological time and pyramids you wind up with 21st century....nonsense. Nonsense always remains......nonsense.

The ultimate truth is this: God, any god for that matter, is silent. So what your quoting from is just a bad translation of god's silence.

For those of us who got out long ago after having discovering TTATT discussing Revelation/Daniel etc. is about as meaningful as discussing what your Wegie board spelled out.

Try subjects based on reality.

And for gods sake don't cherry pick scriptures and think we are all going to say...WOW......Look around your no longer in Wachtowerville

• gggolovkin
    gggolovkin

hmmmmm I don't think so, too many clues if ur really a reader... it is yet to happen I think

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a really real reader and I say the mystery is a deception designed to entangle you. While you puzzle out the imponderables you are missing a beautiful day.

• gggolovkin
    gggolovkin

Hahaha if that's ur view then ur wasting ur time too, hahaha

• jgnat
    jgnat

That'a the joy of mobile computing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit