Sisters conducting meetings where there is a lack of brothers

by booker-t 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

blondie, as you have escaped my attention for some weeks, I must comment that your (ever-pertinent) extracts contain as much underlined or emphasized material as that which is neither.

If I'd seen that in my Congo - WHACK!

I trust you are aware that for a small extra "donation" you can obtain copies of the Watchtower where all the text is pre-underlined for you, as a time-saving method giving you more opportunity for Kingdom-Proclaiming duties.

__

Focus

("Zonal O-Ring" Class)

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

you should have brought a Burqa.

Alas, there was no room to pack one in my ministry bag. It was in the days of paper literature and hardback books. Your shoulder was pulled down so much, over time you began to walk like Quasimodo.

• blondie
    blondie

Focus, that is because I have found some are so busy (sic) they miss reading the vital points..........the WTS should send out pre-underlined articles.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Superstitious nonsense at best... patriarchal and abusive at worst. In summary, women were made for men and must wear a tea-towel "because of the angels."

1Cor 11: 1-10

Become imitators of me, just as I am of Christ 2 I commend you because in all things you remember me and you are holding fast the traditions just as I handed them on to you. 3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ;+ in turn, the head of a woman is the man;+ in turn, the head of the Christ is God.+ 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with something on his head shames his head; 5 but every woman who prays or prophesies + with her head uncovered shames her head, for it is one and the same as if she were a woman with a shaved head. 6 For if a woman does not cover herself, she should have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or shaved, she should be covered.

7 For a man should not have his head covered, as he is God’s image+ and glory, but the woman is man’s glory. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman came from man.+ 9 And what is more, man was not created for the sake of the woman, but woman for the sake of the man.+ 10 That is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.+

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

@ OneEyedJoe - Can't express how amused I am by your comment. My god, what a f###ed up organisation we were/are all part of. Your comment is such a classic example of all that is wrong with the JW mindset.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OH MY HOW (not) SHOCKING

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I bet in places like Japan the sisters are doing a lot since not many men join. One thing that I thought was funny is a sister was conducting a bible study at my house and I wasn't paying to much attention working around the house. Anyway I would come in and she would put on her head covering, then I would go out side the house and she would take it off , then I come back in and on she would put it. Several times on then off then on then off, thought it was funny.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

As long as they use a Watchtower-approved head covering (like the one pictured below), i don't see a problem...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit