New Light from 2014 Convenetion re Dancing

by Haupi33 18 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

I remember the first time I saw Mormons doing rock and roll how incredibly bizarre it looked.

I had the same two thoughts: 1) In the 1950s, no way would any respectable "Christian" church be seen dead doing rock and roll and 2) their embrace of rock and roll sanitizes the music beyond recognition. After all, this was the music of teenage rebellion in the post-World War II years that had parents declaring how corrupt and emonzied modern music had become.

esterday's moral panics become today's norms. Sheesh!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I know a couple of thoes people. I never would have thought I would ever see concerts at the KH and AH.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Shake it like a polaroid picture!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Looking at the body language , I would say these are JW`s, just my 2 cents worth.

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

1. These good shoes on the dancefloor will be rock 'n' rolled in all the inhabited k halls and then the end will hum.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is indeed witnesses at a kingdom hall function for international delegates....

• steve2
    steve2

Indeed that thar is a kingdom hall a buzzing to the sound of pop music. Let the last trumpet sound. Amen, brother.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here in the U.K we had a wonderful Comedien called Kenny Everett, R.I.P Kenny, who had a regular sketch on his T.V show, where he would rouse an audience of Happy Clappies with a HUGE hand waving around as he sang of "Brotherlee Lurve".

Is the Kingdom Hall becoming like that now ? i.e more of a joke than ever ?

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Hey Jesus you know that sound you been lookin for....it is me your cousin John....well listen to THIS....

ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit