Who Buy's Food From the Food Bank? Would the Watchtower Permit This?

by BucketShopBill 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I know there are really good people in the Organization and more outside as they seek ways to extend mercy and love to "people of all sorts", I saw a local Apostate giving cash to a Wino (knowing full well this guy was running for a 40oz beer) even though this person is living on limited rations himself. I hope you understood the issue I was speaking about with RCs situation and almost never does the money come from the Congregation's Funds. Poor Sister Millie can't pay for her Lodging and food at these Brag Festivals because she started Pioneering and Missionary work at 17 years old and now at 63 years old being a widow, she has not hope of any retirement in this World because she's screwed! Who is responsible for this worker of the Watchtower for forty years? A few Publishers are asked to donate money so it does not disrupt the Congregations donation flow to the Organization, another example of the Watchtower shrugging their monetary responsibilities on their poor and uneducated group of free labor.

I wish I could share the situation of another sister who was dying, the elders in the Kingdom Hall did their best to help her get out of a rat infested death-shop in to a crowded, loud but better hospice hospital because she spent all her years Pioneering and had no money or Social Security Credits. If you've been on this site and watched videos made by different ex-JWs exposing JCs, it might interest you to know two of the brothers in one video are frequent fliers in Bankruptcy Court, one of the Elders filed BK three times, put his business under his son's name and maxed out his credit and both children filed BK to keep the JW Family Business in tact, is that stealing?

Ok, getting off track here, was it wrong for the brother in the JC Video to disfellowship anyone when he has filed Bankruptcies to the tune of over $2,000,000 and told me "I am not stealing, we paid our taxes and are using the BK provision as any Good Citizen would (kids were on State Fund for Infant Formulas, Food Stamps, ect but they Pioneered!) as he is telling me that (This really happened, she called his new Iphone, everyone in their family had the new model) his wife call's crying saying they got their Thirty-Day Notice to vacate their house because they are three months behind in rent ($3600x3) and promised the owner they would do all forms of JW (Janitor to Plumbing to building to Electrical to land-scaping) if the owner did not take them to collections and put a lien against their already broke business. What can you do when you can't file BK (Out of BKs till 2017)? The land-owner eventually took them to collections because they never lived up to their promise, how can you work for yesterday's bills when you can't pay for today's food? Hey, it's all good when your doing it for the Watchtower's version of Jehovah, I think the real God might expect them to try to pay something back, not just (is it stealing?) take and refuse to work.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I posted this experience on JWN years ago, but here it is again for newbies.

When I was going door-to-door a few years before I went to Bethel I met a man who told me he lost his job and didn't have any money for the literature. He said that times were so tough that there was little food in the house to feed his family. His home was a nice one, clean and yard in order. I felt so badly about his situation that I went home and talked with my husband and my mom, who lived next door, asking if we could take the man some food. Both agreed so we raided our freezers and pantry and took the man about four grocery bags of food. He was quite shocked and couldn't thank us enough. My family agreed not to tell anyone in the congregation what we did because we knew it was a "no no" thing to do and were not setting the right example for others in the congregation!

We were in the process of moving to another state and too busy to make a return call and never saw that man again. About two years later, when we were visiting the congregation in the area where we had lived before, a man came up to me and asked if I knew who he was. I said no. Well, he was the fellow we gave food to and he told us he was so impressed by our actions that he agreed to study with the next JWs that came by to see what the religion of JWs was all about and then he became my "brother." I was so happy by this outcome but it crossed my mind then if maybe all JWs were more charitable towards unbelievers we would see more converts, but, of course, I knew the "rice-Christian" counter-argument to that approach.

When I was in Bethel, if there was opportunity, I shared my story with some prominent men in the organization, but doing that didn't change anyone's mind on the matter because being uncharitable towards unbelievers went back to Russell's viewpoint that the only way to help people was by giving away his tracts and Zion's Watchtower free. He taught that this spiritual sustenance would lead unbelievers to become "believers" and then given everlasting life. And that has been the view of the WT religion ever since.

Like BucketShopBill we are trying to atone for the selfish WT beliefs that we taught others by now doing whatever we can to help others if there is a need in a material way. And as we all know, there is more happiness in giving than receiving.

As a side note, the day we returned from Bethel, worn out from the trip, a young JW woman showed up at our door with food for our dinner, the only one to do so or even to show concern for our well-being, and to us her actions were so special. That was over twenty-years ago, and, to this day, we love her as a daughter. Actually she was an elder's daughter, but her mother was Lutheran. This young lady was like her mother who was such a charitable giver to everyone including Witnesses. In time this young woman left JWs, which upset her father greatly. She left because she was gay (which her father never knew of even to the day he died), and because she just didn't believe that God would eventually kill everybody on the earth except JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit