Who Buy's Food From the Food Bank? Would the Watchtower Permit This?

by BucketShopBill 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Hello everyone on JWN, allow me to introduce some of the qualifed agenices who legally use our services provided by the Food Bank. As a Fading JW I am trying to find ways to fill up the time I wasted in Field Circus and try to make this World a better place. The Food Bank is used by our judicial system, we get lots of low-level criminals doing Community Service, every other day I hear "What did you do? What's your crime?" After laughing I say "nothing", they say "no really, what crime did you commit?", "I want to help the poor!". At the Food Bank we don't receive any help from Active JWs or any support from the Watchtower Organization. It's not hard to make friends when you leave, I had coffee with two sisters (apostates) and a brother (fader) who also are trying to make the World a better place. We ask, "how come we were so blind and why did we allow them to exert control when they had no visible evidence Jesus Christ was backing them? I had some kid ask me "Do you get Jesus Points because you work here?" kids ask funny questions.

Deuteronomy 15:1: "For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’.

Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

Who is really following the ideals of Christ? The members of the Watchtower people like Sandy the Sandwich Lady?

The Sandwich Lady, she makes sandwiches for the homeless and drives to local parks and hands out a small tract, a sandwich and bottle of water. No pushy preaching.

The Bread for Christ guy, who is cranky and nasty but makes really good food (not just filler food) for the homeless that come to his non-denomonational church and non-judgemental preaching message.

The seriously whacked sober living coordinator who looks less than sober yet makes sure fresh fruit and healthy food is on the menu at their home, and requires their participants to volunteer a few hours each week at the food bank so that they learn to give not just take.

Several group homes that pick up and haul food to their homes and prepare in huge quantities so that families of participants can join for a family meal once a week. Togetherness.

The family care group that provides parenting classes and free babysitting as well as a group meal for everyone to get to know each other and support each other goals.

All of these are real world benefits of community resources, not just free bread in the back.

The Watchtower ignores the message of Jesus Christ along with all the good works his followers have done over the last 1900+ years. How come the Watchtower is able to ingore the plight of the poor and preach Jesus? Whether your for or against the massive Illegal Immigration Invasion, the Catholic Church and Fundamental Born Again Christians are providing food and medicine trying to help this huge problem. My point is the Watchtower love's to blow it's own trumpet and praise themselves along with slapping their own backs but who are they helping?

"

"Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Matthew 10:5 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

Matthew 25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Luke 3:10-11 And the crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?” And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

Luke 12:33-34 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you…”

James 1:17 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

John – Loving

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:17 But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?

1 John 4:19-20 We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Paul – Putting Others First

Acts 20:35-38 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all. And there was much weeping on the part of all; they embraced Paul and kissed him, being sorrowful most of all because of the word he had spoken, that they would not see his face again. And they accompanied him to the ship.

Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Romans 15:1 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

Galatians 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verse-about-helping-others-21-top-scriptures/#ixzz37DsOR4My

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I've have been poor enough in the past to quailify for food banks so I did go there. I didn;t ever consider it a religious issue.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Four Food Banks I've worked at, you realize the majority of the people who buy food from us are faith based. To date, the only JWs I've met doing any charity work are Ex-JWs (apostates and faders), how come no active JWs are helping provide food for the homeless and children without food? Who did you think was donating all their time to prepare food?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

No one buys food from food banks.. the food they provide is free no? In the UK it is.

The watchtower does absolutely nothing to help the poor or homesless anywhere on this earth. When it comes to money and charity and giving to those in need and to strangers I have never see such a group of utterly closed fisted individuals as I have seen among the witnesses.

• zeb
    zeb

I have seen jw whose husband were on permanent govt well paying jobs use food banks stores.

anyone else?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Marking the HECK out of this thread... I'vee had some conversations with the elders about this, usually quoting one or two of the scriptures above, only to be told that they are referring to OUR brothers, PARTICULARLY to those related to us IN THE FAITH etcetera... But even if that were true (which the rest of the scriptures above show not to be the case) it goes against Jesus words when he talked about not doing good ONLY to those loving us (or something), and besides that it's just CLEARLY the right thing to do, see a need, try to fill it.

Tight fisted is right....

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My church has a big container at the back of the church especially for Food Bank donations. We have a list of what items are in particular need. I think it's really good.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

You don't have to belong to any religion to receive sandwiches from the "Sandwich Lady", she's not any affiliation with the Watchtower, my typo because I was trying to write this before taking off, should have spent more time pondering the issue. Why are people who live in this World not worth our money and time if we are active JWs? We sure don't have any problems with JW Elders lining up at Welfare places helping their flock avail themselves of Satan's Food, Money and Shelter to promote their Jehovah's Kingdom, is Satan sponsoring their Jehovah's Kingdom, he's not strong enough to deliver "manna from the his heaven?". JWs live in a constant law of Contradiction, I have two sisters that are so the most selfish bitches and boy howdy are they dishonest! No problems with stealing meals from Eateries because they make a loud scenes at the Restraunts during Conventions so the Manager comp's their meal so they leave! Is it ironic JWs think the God of Love would pick their close handed, selfish, misery ways, ways even Ebiniser Scrooge McDuck learned to overcome? Sorry, in all my days as a JW, Charity was only shared with JWs in Good Standings and Sisters were begging their Worldy Relatives for money to attend the Kingdom Hall because the Elders only helped Pioneers, not the Single Females attend these gatherings.

Can't you see the Modern Watchtowerized Isrealite bringing lame Pigs to the Temple in Malachi's Day? Too cheap to obey the Law and buy "clean animals", if the Watchtower say's we can be Stingy, let's become Super Stingy and that is back-firing against the Watchtower because donatations are not coming in! They created their selfish JW in their own image, selfishness begets selfish people! Enough, everyone is honest enough to know a large portion of Jehovah's Witnesses from the Watchtower's School of teachings are Misers and Pigs, they only take, devouring Satan's Resources at every chance they get.

• blondie
    blondie

Take food from religious/church run food banks probably not kosher per the WTS, but then jws accept help from the Red Cross who run blood donations.

Work at religious/church sponsored food pantries---no

Here in my area 70% of the organizations that run food pantries are secular and people are not charged for food.

Some churches have meals once a week, alternating churches of various denominations but there are enough secular groups doing the same thing.

Some jws in certain areas will not shop at St Vincent DePaul (food pantries too), but others jusst go and try not to be seen. I have heard of a few that won't shop at goodwill (or garage sales) because of the demonized products but 99% in thiis area gladly shop at both.

Just remember most jws are only worried what other jws might see them doing..

God has left the land and he is not seeing.

(Ezekiel 8:12) . . .And he proceeded to say to me: “Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’”

• Listener
    Listener

They want the r & f to spend their time and effort for them exclusively. It is a publishing and construction business and all work that they encourage centers around this.

We may see a change in the future as Countries are reviewing their classifaction of a charity to include only those who are demonstratably helping those in need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit