July 15 Awake - strange quote and i'm not sure what else...

by Gladring 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gladring
    Gladring

I was trying to find the source of the Michael J. Tyler quote in the Was it Designed article in the Jul 15 Awake, when I came across this website.

Was this posted before the magazine? Is the Watchtower passing someone else's work off as their own, or the other way round?

Also, can anyone find the source of the quote? It's obviously cherry- picked.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3378311-design-in-nature-part-1

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What was the quote from the Awake?

Also, didn't the Watchtower used to say the snakes had legs? Am I crazy for thinking that?

• blondie
    blondie

It helps if you provide the quote and link...........

• blondie
  • blondie
    blondie

Try putting the phrases in quotes and search Google and see what comes up.

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

Michael J. Tyler co-wrote The Field Guide to Fogs of Australia with Frank Knight. Hope this helps.

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

Uh...that should read "Frogs". I hate my iPad!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Even though the Ragazine doesn't name the source, I'm sure the book is available in many Australian libraries.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/21335093?selectedversion=NBD2677030

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Following.

Waiting to hear what the actual quote was!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is the July issue of the Awake, not 15th. Here is the quote from page 16:

"If, as some claim, its reproductive system evolved, the gastric brooding frog would have had to make vast changes to both its physical makeup and its behavior all at once. “It is inconceivable to contemplate a slow and progressive change in its reproductive biology,” wrote scientist and evolutionist Michael J. Tyler. “The habit is totally effective or it fails completely.” The only plausible explanation, Tyler says, is “a single, huge, quantum step.” Some would say that such a quantum step is called creation."

I'm not sure it is a misquote, but rather a misunderstanding of quantum steps within evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit