Freaking delusional mariage mates..

by Crazyguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok so our DC was last week and we live about an hour and a half away from the meeting site. So earlier in the year I heard my wife mention something about staying near by in a hotel. Now I'm thinking what the hell in a major city with several people shes going to have to get 2 rooms and the cost is going to be crazy high. So i don't hear anything about it again until right before the event and then she asks me for food and gas money for the days shes going to be up there.

So I ask her first where are you staying because I know that theres not too many hotels by the event and downtown hotels are big bucks. She says the area which is half way between my home and the DC not even close.' I'm like you gotta be kidding me and no I don't have the money right now for food and gas'. It just didn't make sense even if I was still in I wouldn't do that. Anyway she agreed and said it would be less stressful but then turns around and tells her friends and the top elder before the event that I'm being a jerk by not giving her gas and food money.........

• baltar447
    baltar447

You're seriously going to let your wife go somewhere without food and gas money? I can't be the only one thinking you're being a jerk. She's right to complain about you. Sure it's a cult but you're not helping her in any way other than reinforcing her persecution complex.

Maybe she's not the delusional one.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Exactly baltar447... Good point.

sounds like typical marital issues...nothing to do with the Cult...

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

They tell the friends months in advance, she could have saved up some money to get herself there if she wanted to go so muchly. Does sound like you and she have grown apart, though. Could possibly use more in depth communication in your relationship, surely not easy with her mind under the control of this cult.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Batltar you don't get it, she wanted to spend all the money she had on hotel rooms that were not even close and then hit me up for extra money for food and gas. The hotel was less then 45 minutes from my house. So I'm supposed to just fork over several hundred dollars in food and eating out money so she didn't have to drive like and extra half hour home, Really? I'm the jerk because I won't let her waste money she didn't work for?

• baltar447
    baltar447

So why didn't she just drive? Was she trying to stay at a "recommended lodging list" hotel?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I dont know the details on why, I think some of her friends were staying there too and she wanted to be with them. Any way she just ended up driving about an hour each way saved on food by taking lunches and eating at home and she had plenty of money for gas. I just thought it was crazy to drive a half hour to stay in a hotel so she could save a half hour. And with as many kids as we have she would need two hotel rooms so i know she would have spent a lot of cash.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I can kind of see your point. I hate being tapped up for cash right at the last minute - I'm not a bloody bank, I say!!!!

I would go a bit easy on your wife. She's in a cult, remember? Just sit down have a good talk about your situation. Tell her about your feelings and listen to what she has to say. She may have had pressure put on her by her JW mates and elders. Make sure that YOU are her best friend, not the nutters in the KH.

All the best.

x

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do people that choose to go to DCs feel that everyone else has to pay for their choice?

I really hate this cult.

• zeb
    zeb

Have no doubts that the sisters all got together and decided it would be 'great' exciting' whatever, to do the hotel thing. Perhaps suggest ; "No money in the kh box" to pay for her ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit