Those Jehovah's Witness Assemblies & Conventions Suck!

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I read about them here, on the board. I am so thankful that I choose not to go anymore.

• minimus
    minimus

The Witnesses in the area are gearing up for the spritual feast.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I also am glad to have purged Witness meetings of any size, shape or form from my life. While I was a Witness, the assemblies and conventions were good ways of getting together with friends I had not seen in a while. I also enjoyed some of the releases from those years. Now I can only think of them as a colossal waste of time, effort and money. One curious thing about them I remember was how glad we would be to learn that our conventions in Denver were held in June. That was because an early convention meant there would be plenty of time for camping, hiking, fishing and other outdoor activities in Colorado's mountains. June was too early for that kind of stuff as snow and mud still covered much of the high country. July and August, by contrast, had great weather which gave many more recreational opportunities. That said a lot about our "spiritual" priorities!

Quendi

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of a prominent elder who gave a talk at the District Convention and later that afternoon was at a strip club in Providence RI, not far from the downtown area of where the convention was being held.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

strip club? i was an MS up until last year, and i regularly visit hookers. i once gave a public talk 2 hours after copulating with said hooker regular.

sad thing is, only reason they took me off is because of the language thing lol i'd still be a ms if i was in the english.....and still visiting the ladies, of course.

• bigmac
    bigmac

I knew of a prominent elder who gave a talk at the District Convention and later that afternoon was at a strip club in Providence RI, not far from the downtown area of where the convention was being held.........

2 uplifting experiences in 1 day !

• minimus
    minimus

yes, uplifting.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I guess someDUDE is a buy-sexual.

zed

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I don't get the hooker thing. Is it really that hard to get some?

• steve2
    steve2

Well, I have heard that if you want no strings attached, paying for it is the way to go. Just saying what I heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit