Very young baptized in new brochure

by Bye bye birdie 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

On page 25 of the new release, "Your Family Can Be Happy" the illustration of the young boy being baptized looks between the ages of 9-12.

thoughts?

• sir82
    sir82

There have been photos in Watchtowers of pre-pubescent baptisees as well.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

I wish I could figure out how to upload all these photos from my ipad. Technology is not my friend.

My elder family member told me that they, as elders, are told to discourage children from baptism at young ages. I see and hear the very opposite.

He told me this a few years back when I was "murmuring" about it and he didn't have any good answers.

• Island Man
    Island Man

" My elder family member told me that they, as elders, are told to discourage children from baptism at young ages. I see and hear the very opposite.

He told me this a few years back when I was "murmuring" about it and he didn't have any good answers."

It seems your elder family member may have been using "theocratic warfare" on you.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

With all the potential negative consequences of being baptized, it should be considered child abuse to baptize those below the age of 18 or even 21.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Well I can use the same warfare right back...

I said, "complaining and murmuring helped the vulnerable before....

Acts 6:1

But as the believers rapidly multiplied, there were rumblings of discontent. The Greek-speaking believers complained about the Hebrew-speaking believers, saying that their widows were being discriminated against in the daily distribution of food.

so complain away to shield the vulnerable .

needless to say I have always been what they call "weak" ha..

• Watchtower-Free
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Wow - Watchtower-Free, that is to true and so profound. And the boy is clueless; he has no idea what it's all about. He has not got the knowledge, experience, or reasoning ability to enable him to make such an important decision.

Just think, the young ones who are baptized now weren't even alive when the major generation change was made in 1995. They know nothing about the org's history; they nothing about Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Freddie, Ray, etc. They can't comprehend the blood issue. They have no clue what fractions are. They're no different from children who accept Islam because Mommie & Daddy and their peers do.

Does that little boy know how the Bible was canonized (heck, most adult JWs don't even know that)? It's just mind-boggling how little these children know, yet they're signing their lives away. And it's so true that he will never be able to change his mind without major consequences. It's amazing that a child can be held accountable for decision he made at ten years old.

• Perry
    Perry

The sad part is that he thinks he is a Christian. Do you think any of the elders told him that official WT dogma is that Jesus is not his Mediator between him and God?

I wonder how many would get baptized if they were informed that Jesus was not their Mediator?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Couldn't find the "Your Family Can Be Happy" book via search or on jw.org, has anyone uploaded it yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit