Local Needs 07/08/2014

by piztjw 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Didn't we have a post, proving that CTR was not the pioneer of film we thought he was? Like..someone else did it first and he kind of "borrowed" some stuff??

I just told the Eldubs in my KH that I do not and never will, worship the SLAVE. We will see what "local needs" part we get.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DoggyData -

I just told the Eldubs in my KH that I do not and never will, worship the SLAVE. We will see what "local needs" part we get.

Good for you. I expect they're all a lapdab now and full of their own cult self importance wondering how to deal with you.

• piztjw
    piztjw

I feel for the poor old people on fixed incomes who have no clue about technology and no way to buy it.

The poor older, new widower, fellow in front of me was struggling to figure out his brand spanking new tablet. But he was sure proud that he had one finally.

Another comment from the stage was that, "thanks to jw.(b)org the kingdom has been proclaimed in the remotest parts of China and Africa." I thought many of those people can barely feed their families, how the hell can they afford the latest electronic gadget, let alone the electricity to run them all?

From the audience in the last part came the comment that the invites to memorial, RC, and the flyer advertising the web site are, "proof that Jehovah's chariot is speeding up because a territory that used to take a month to cover with the magazines can be whipped out in half a day now. So we see proof that the end is near, and the work is speeding up." Good gawd, think how fast the territory could be covered if one were to just toss the flyers out the vehicle window as you drove down the street.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Fucking hilarious. Just a few years ago brothers were told not to be materialistic and buying electronic gadgets (i fucking hate that word). I remember demonstrations where a brother pretty much fell out of the truth because he was too busy reading manuals for whatever toy he bought. Now they're supposed to buy all this shit.

Also, what idiot approved a 1,000 computer to hook up to a projector? You could do that with any machine. Sounds like you have some idiots on the elder body lol.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's laughable that WT encourages JWs to use the latest technology, like iPads, all while still going from door to door.

Typical WT: trying to swim laps while dragging a boat anchor.

The problem is that the nearly 1,000.00 brand new desktop PC that was forced down your throats three months ago with the sales pitch that it was all that was needed is not capable of connecting to the big screen and projector. So now you get to buy a brand new laptop, and anyone who wants the PC can buy it

A cong. I used to be associated with does this same thing with real estate. Purchase land for a new KH, then find out it's not zoned for that use, the location isn't so great after all, etc. Sell it, take a huge loss, buy another parcel. Repeat. Squandering of funds and never any accountability. But what do you expect from janitors pretending they are Donald Trump or some techie guru?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what would happen if they would push this site instead of the washtowel's official site. Or, if they would download pdf's and videos stemming from Joy of Satan/Exposing Christianity. Once someone realizes Christi-SCAM-ity is rubbish and reads that material, they will never study to become jokehovians. Of course, many will not be interested in that--nor will they be interested in the jokehovian site, either.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Another comment from the stage was that, "thanks to jw.(b)org the kingdom has been proclaimed in the remotest parts of China and Africa"

China's internet access is greatly monitored and censored by their government.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh the idiocy of these local needs parts!

its the one opportunity that the local self serving pricks get to make up their own talks free of any punishments for straying from the regimented material dished up by the GB!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Hummingbird: Literally everybody in China uses a proxy or other method to get around China's great firewall. It's super common

Also China's middle class is EXPLODING. It's a huge growth market for the tech industry.

• BU2B
    BU2B

What a stupid statement about China and Africa getting JW.org as if their preaching there is complete because their website exists! For starters I am sure jw.org is blocked in China. Therefore to acsess it, an individual would need to

1. Know it even exists

2. Want to go on it bad enough to risk prison

3. Purchase a service that gets around all censors, again risking prison time.

As for Africa, what percent of the population has internet access? Wikipedia says less than 1%. Hell most there dont even have a radio let alone a TV or even electricity. That is one reason for growth there is they dont have access to the truth about the truth like we do.

Also, why would someone trust jw.org over any other slick religious website? They all claim to be true and put their best foot forward promoting family values...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit