Did I ever fear jehovah?

by Ignoranceisbliss 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

When I think back on when I started losing faith in the Borg it all becomes kinda fuzzy. Even when I was 19, a pioneer an MS and the local golden boy I clearly remember lying about my Field service time Every month. If I really feared jehovah there's no way I would of done that.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I feared "men" but never Jehovah.

I aways believed the WT to be a really, really bad PR firm for God.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think you are either wired to fear God or not. I was wired to fear God, but I got over it fortunately. I think others just don't have that kind of brain, it doesn't matter how much it's forced on them, they just don't buy it. One of my brothers was that way, as was my son, who has been an Athiest since about 14.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Lisarose

thats an interesting way to look at it. I've never thought of it that way before but u may very we'll be right.

• Focus
    Focus

Actually, it makes a lot of sense to fear a lying, arrogant, boastful, jealous, lunatic, violent, bloodthirsty, vengeful, genocidal, maniacal mass-murderer with enormous powers.

Just as well, then, that the monstrous and widely-feared killer tribe-leader, called Yahweh.is.shee'it, died from poisoning by his successor (rendered in English as "Ruth of the Ford") about 3000 years ago.

The cartoon character Jehovah was made in that monster's image by his victims.

And Jehovah is no more existent than the other (dead) maniac.

__

Focus

("Sleep easy" Class)

• Londo111
    Londo111

I was terrified. And the Watchtower was constantly telling me that I was making God angry by not doing enough, not doing it quality enough, or doing some small thing that was just putting me in line to be birdfood.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

i thought that i feared jah but it was really the displeasing of my mom (and the brothers that i looked up too) that i really feared. since i was very young i often wondered why jah didn't take better care of his 'name' people. when i realized/saw that jw's suffered just like all others,even though jah could have helped them, it was then that i stopped fearing jah and maybe i also stopped believing in jah too.

just saying1

eyeuse2badub

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I guess I did live with a fear of Jehovah! (Real fear...not the witness version of 'fear of god')

But I think I lived (and still live while in this period of fade) with more fear of WT and Elders and the repercussions of "being disobediant" to the org!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was terrified of Jehovah in preschool and early elementary school. My mom made sarcastic remarks about JW stuff. I screeched my head off b/c of fear of demons. Everyone I loved/liked would be wiped out at Armageddon. As my circle became wider and wider, I stopped fearing Jehovah and saw him for the Satanic monster he is.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Jehovah only exists in the fertile imaginations of people who still believe in fairy tales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit