Hello and Thank You!

by Vintagewife 32 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome Vintagewife, I'm very glad your ex and his cronies failed to off you. At least that terrible experience led you to see TTATT, get out of the Watchtower and have a decent life. Congrats on your strength and wisdom. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, what a story!

I'm glad you broke free and are living your own life.

Welcome,

Oubliette

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

Skeeter1 he thought I wasn't submissive enough. This man had real issues with women! BigMac he threatened to blow me up with a bomb. Normally I would roll my eyes at this type of macho stupidity but there was reason to take this threat seriously. The point I want to make is that there are far worse things to be subjected to than shunning. No one should have to worship in fear. I did not attend any meetings, not even the Memorial, after leaving until the 2013 RC. The first person to come talk to me, she actually ran across the arena, was the wife of the ms who had so heartily agreed with this man. She hugged me for a full 5 minutes and wouldn't let go of my hand for another 30. I learned she had divorced her husband a short while after I left. Her husband was disfellowshipped and is still df'd all these years later. As so many have experienced, the congregations are full of wonderful people but also a very overbearing, hateful minority who make it their mission to drive out those they don't care for. I call them Taliban JW's! Hardliners who think they and they alone will be the only ones living in paradise. What insanity!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Vintagewife:

I am sorry for what you endured but certain teachings just made people with bad inclinations even worse, in my opinion.

Among some of these teachings:....that you are judged by everybody there based on "works", SO some individuals who have all the required "works" imagine they can do or say anything;....the idea that you have to "forgive" everybody; and lastly that "Adamic death" thing that makes certain individuals there think they can do anything and be forgiven.

This is why the religion is in love with King David. They like the idea that he got away with so much bad and was forgiven.

I no longer believe in the religion's paradise teaching, but the hardliners you speak of who think only "they" will be in any so-called paradise can have it.... Any paradise with them in it is not something that is coveted by me.... I can't think of a greater nightmare than being around these sadistic people.

The whole thing was so damaging and an insult to my intelligence.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, good for you, walking away instead of staying and letting them beat you down. This is the most obvious clue that the JWs do not have the truth, that there is no love among them.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Vintagewife!

• karter
    karter

Vintagewife,Welcome!!!

Sounds like you have moved on and moved up.

Karter.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Vintagewife, I am glad you were able to walk away and have your family with you. I can't imagine how you felt to hear someone threaten your life while others egged him on, what a bunch of cowards to treat a woman that way.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum!

Wow...he wanted to kill you with a bomb. Yes, the true identifying mark of the JWs.

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

A big THANK YOU to all for the warm welcome! Vintagewife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit