Are there any JW's here?

by rbaitz 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rbaitz
    rbaitz

I would like to dialog with any JW's. I have some questions that I hope you can answer or if you cannot just say so.

My first question:

Jesus is called the Son of God (John 3:16). Next when Jesus became a man (incarnation) He is called the Son of Man. Only when Jesus took upon Himself a body is He called the Son of Man. Now after His death and resurrection He is still called the Son of Man. Doesn't this prove Jesus rose from the dead with a glorified body, and not just spirit? Doesn't this support Jesus' own words, "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it again... speaking of the temple of His body"

If Jesus had not risen from the dead with His body (now glorified) why was the tomb open?

Robin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Robin - there are a few active JWs here. They usually refrain from answering questions and seem to prefer the game of hyjacking threads to trivialites.

Most here are ex-jws. If you sincerely want to question JWs you might want to go to one of their sites.

Good luck

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• butalbee
    butalbee

I'm not a witness, never was, never will be. Although, I am infamous for corrupting the morals of male witnesses.....

• the follower
    the follower

I am a Jehovah's Witness

\b{44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual [body].
    45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam [became] a life-giving spirit.}

• You Know
    You Know

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The answer to your question is, simply, that Christ retains the designation as the Son of man even in his heavenly form, because what he accomplished as a man is carried over into his heavenly administration. Similarly, Revelation refers to the "Lion of the tribe of Judah," as if Jesus were presently a Judian. Obviously, Jesus, in his heavenly residence, is no longer a citizen of the literal tribe of Judah, yet the scripture speaks of him in that sense. But, the thing is, since Jesus lives as a spirit he still has the legal right to the throne of David of the tribe of Judah, in fulfillment of the prophecies. Referring to Christ as the Son of man, then, even while he is no longer a man, brings to mind the work Jesus started as a man, but which will be consumated as a mighty spirit. / You Know

• Bang
    Bang

Your detailed knowledge of Jesus' legal rights to the throne simply cracks me up Youknow.
    Is that what you guys get up to at 'bible study'?

44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual [body]

There's your answer rbaitz. To a jw, spiritual 'body' means a spirit, not a spiritually clothed body - 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable...54 then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

On the one hand they say 'spiritual body' means spirit, a named personage, yet to the jws there's no personage for the Holy Spirit - evil spirits however are different: they're very real to the jw.

It's all in their language - selective and altered meanings.

Bang

• dedalus
    dedalus

LOL @ You Know!

Dedalus

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If Jesus had not risen from the dead with His body (now glorified) why was the tomb open?

The Communists opened it. It was definitely the Communists.

Farkel

• Bang
    Bang

Wasn't it cancerman, the smoker - Mulder's Real father.

Bang

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1
    If Jesus had not risen from the dead with His body (now glorified) why was the tomb open?

The tomb was not open to let Jesus out, but rather to let people in. Remember, in the upstairs room, He entered with the doors locked. He can go through walls now.
    Also when the JW's give you the spiel about He is now a spirit being, it's just a bunch of double talk. They believe Jesus' body was dissolved in the tomb (What scripture was that again?) and that He appeared as different people or in different forms to the disciples, but He made them think it was really Jesus, although the body of Jesus is supposedly evaporated or something like that. Jesus is no longer Jesus, but rather Michael again, although Michael had to will himself out of existence (suicide) so Jesus could be born but now he exists again as Jesus, even though Jesus on earth in HIs resurrection body was claiming to be Jesus (he was lying).

Confused? So are they.

Penn

If I misrepresented you JW's, please clarify it for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit