The WTBTS "almost" admits the truth.....

by DATA-DOG 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• B4Right
    B4Right

I have found in my 30 years that each congregation is different when it comes to the rules of who qualify.

in three different congregations - field service --one said national avg, one said 10, one said min. 8. Now included as a qualification is regular family worship. meeting attendance- two said regular with reason, one said no missing a meeting unless you are sick.

If WTBS wants more men they need to spell out in print exactly what a man has to do locally.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "In reality, it's the legalism and control issues within the ORG itself that have caused a shortage of men who are willing to reach out."

Yup.

Good thing they eased up on restricting alleged sex offenders from serving if it wasn't common knowledge.

They'd be screwed, otherwise.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    I think field service has nothing to do with appointments. I was a regular pioneer for more than 5 years 70+ hours and never was I recommended to be a Ministerial servant. Why you might wonder. Cause I never smelled the elders farts. I never kiss their a$$. Till one of them told me after all those years it was because I never went out for field service on Sundays. What??? Field service on Sundays??? I pointed out that the Organized book never mentions going to field service on Sundays as a requirement. But he told me that it was in a special letter that they have as elders. That the brothers need to "see" you on Sundays in service.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    the actions of Eldubs can cause an eventual shortage of "qualified " brothers

I wondered who they'd blame!

• steve2
    steve2
    The desire to please men is a hallmark symptom of membership in nearly all religions, especially when members are seeking advancement. The frustration felt when unfair promotion exists is another widespread symptom. JWs aren't really that different after all.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

It's all about perception and what they see. I was told that if I missed a meeting or fs I needed to text one of the elders in my service group so they would know why I wasn't there. He assured me that it wasn't because I needed to report to them or that they were nosy. That one comment really started to make me think about what it is that drives appointments.

I'm actually putting forth an effort now just to see if I can make MS before I fade. :-)

• warehouse
    warehouse

tim3l0rd wrote:

I'm actually putting forth an effort now just to see if I can make MS before I fade.

What you should do is after you put in all the work, when the CO and COBE finally meet with you and ask the question "Is there any reason why your appointment should not be announced to the congregation", answer with "yeah, I don't want to actually be an MS, I just wanted to see if I could make the cut" and then just get up and leave. That'll get your fade started REAL quick, lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit