The WTBTS "almost" admits the truth.....

by DATA-DOG 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

During the WT session, the ORG admits that the actions of Eldubs can cause an eventual shortage of "qualified " brothers, and it has.

They speak of a lack of teaching as the cause. In reality, it's the legalism and control issues within the ORG itself that have caused a shortage of men who are willing to reach out.

Little Johnny is "spiritual" by all accounts. He comments, dresses appropriately, cleans the bathrooms, mows the lawn of the KH, runs the sound booth, knows how to coordinate and delegate assignments. He never misses a talk, gives last minute bible readings. He always parks cars at the RC and cleans the bathrooms.

In addition to all these things, Johnny helps his friends and neighbors whenever he can, especially the elderly within the congregation. Sadly, Johnny only gets 8.5 hours of field service time, on average. Sometimes he gets 12 hrs, sometimes only 7 or 8 hrs. It depends on his monthly circumstances.

Unfortunately, Johnny has not been found "faithful" enough to be recommended by the C.O for appointment. Johnny's "stats" are not consistent enough. He is told every six months, for several years, to reach out more and to be humble. He is told that "visible service" is key. How else would the friends know that he is "qualified"??

Meanwhile, Brother Kendrick has his recommendation approved by the Holy Spirit.

Hey, GB..... aren't you Elders???

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I found it very strange the watchtower outright mentions brothers in 20's and 30's. Also that it said "need greaters"
  • hoser
    hoser

You are so right. It is all about the hours.

I was asked twice to be a ministerial serpent. Both times I had "double digit" hours as the circuit over sneer said.

The watchtower article yesterday was really telling elders that they weren't doing their job grooming men to reach out. After the meeting I had a couple elders be nice to me that usually ignore me. I guess the guilt got to them.

If they want elders to recruit men for position in the congregation they should allow them to count the time they spend in the training/grooming work

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    wtbts and 'Truth' - aren't they mutually exclusive terms?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! I kept wondering when an elder will ask me out on a date to start grooming me.

Creepy....

DD

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

How you describe Johnny is verbatim to me while I was in...

I had months of 20 hours, but with a busy work schedule and kids, also had months of 7-8 hours. Finally, when I managed to do 6 straight months of 10 hours or more, they commented that I with my job travel during the week, that I sometimes skipped weekday meetings, so was not recommendable.

Meanwhile two elders sons, who most likely forged their FS reports were appointed "elders" while still wet behind the ears.

So glad I'm out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Meanwhile two elders sons, who most likely forged their FS reports were appointed "elders" while still wet behind the ears.

Like any nearly any other business...........it's not WHAT you know.........

Doc

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Abundance" - "an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply. (The Free Dictionary)

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today - "Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep, to strengthen his people for the future attack of the modern-day “Assyrian.”

JW.Borg - Liar, Liar pants on fire!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

DS I had the exact same experience. Before I was married I had a seasonal job. in the summer I rarely got more than 4 hours of FS, but in the winter I easily got 20 to 30. This disqualified me. When my job changed and I regularly got 10 hours I was visiting other congregations a lot to meet new people (girls) so I was told I could not be recommended since I didn't "support " my congregation.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

DisirousOfChange

Like any nearly any other business...........it's not WHAT you know.........

It's not what you know, it's not who you know, it's what you know about who you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit