Assembly Invitations: A Sad, Pathetic Anachronism

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

So, Witlesses are handing out Assembly Invitations locally for their gatherings to invite the public to attend.....

a meeting that's 50, 100, 150 miles away? Really?

There was an era when placards were put in storefront windows and bombastic sermons were delivered by radio. That's long past.

It's gotten rather sad, I think.

metatron

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Where I am at they handed out invitations for a convention 325 miles away.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In my part of the world, the convention is several thousand kms away!

We know that it IS NOT about actually inviting people from the public, it is about keeping the witness flock busy!

(reality is, the venues can't handle an influx of people if they did arrive! The organisers do not really want an extra thousand or two thousand people to arrive! They couldn't fit them it!)

• sir82
    sir82

I know!

Surely the only thing stupider would be to send 7 million people out door to door handing out flyers advertising a website!

Not even the GB would be that densely stupid!

Oh, wait a minute.....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Such a waste of paper, ink, fuel, and time.

• designs
    designs

People travel hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles to events they consider important- Peace rally, political event, Woodstock, other.

• sporece
    sporece

I remember in 2007 going and leaving invitations for the convention in Southern California and it was 100degrees, wearing a tie and sweating like a pig and was thinking "who in the hell is gonna come to the convention just by reading this stupid invitation".

Glad that i'm out.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is "busy work" and everyone knows it is "busy work," - but then again it beats knocking on doors.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its oh so funny but sad too to realize how delusional we once were.

• SAHS
    SAHS

If so many people already refuse to open the door to the JWs on Saturday mornings when they call right at their door, choosing instead to hide behind their curtains so they seem to be not at home, . . . then they SURE AS HELL ain’t going to drive a hundred miles or so to some convention where they’re surrounded by JW propagandists!

I think that this is certainly one for Captain Obvious!

http://www.cpbgroup.com/upload/Hotels.com/Captain_Obvious_New%20Feature_618x357.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit