Its time for me to Leave

by radar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

radar,

Enjoy your free time in any way that you enjoy, and do take good care of your son.

Stop back in when you feel like it and let us know how you are doing, ok?

Farkel
    "Jo Bo" Class

• larc
    larc

Radar,

I too, thought of you like the Radar on Mash, a kind, thoughtful, and peaceful man. Like the others, I do hope that you will stop in, from time time. I will miss you.

Take care, brother.

• COMF
    COMF

Sounds like you've got a good grasp of your situation, radar. I've known you by means of this board for a long time, and think of you as a friend. I identify with your thoughts as expressed in your words; I also have experienced the struggle for balance between trying to live a WBTS-free life, and commiserating with knowing friends in licking old injuries that occasionally still ache and throb.

I have realized and accepted that I'm never going to be completely WBTS-free. There's a sear, an ugly burnt brand across a significant portion of my life, that may have healed but will never be unscarred. My activity on the H2O board in the beginning, in 1996/97, was far greater than it is here and now. I think that is because my need for healing was much greater then. I understand the appeal of this board, the "addictiveness" of it; it often provides a kind of group therapy that helps us through our stages of grief and recovery from this life-shattering tragedy. Moving on is part of the healing process.

Nowadays I seldom post here. I've gone through phases before where I left for a time, and each time I've eventually returned. For some time now, I have enjoyed a full and happy life outside of JW-related matters, including a good-paying job which I love, some close friends who know nothing about JW-dom, an active and rewarding romantic life, and a roadmap of positive plans for my future. I've done well in building a non-JW-related life.

And yet still, I come here to read and occasionally comment. I find less and less that motivates me to respond, but the friendships forged here over the years, and the bolstering of spirit that comes from the testimony of others validating my own, make it worth visiting.

Instead of goodbye, I'll say, "See you later." And, for whatever it may be worth to you, my friend... vaya con Dios.

COMF

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit