Its time for me to Leave

by radar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• radar
    radar

This is Goodbye from me folks!

My son keeps taunting me saying “Are you on that “Jo Bo” site again”.

It is true, I have spent too much time here, staring into the computer screen waiting for a revelation or something to catch my interest or imagination.

When I think about all that time and all those years spent as a Watchtower slave, well it does leave you empty and with time on your hands don’t it?. jw.com as been one way of filling that emptiness.

Quantifying my thinking soon after my exit from the Borg I wrote these thoughts down and made a very short poem, I sent it to a poets society recently and guess what? It is going to be published in a collection of poems called “Letters of the Soul”.
    I expect it will be a little melancholy for some, so I will not post it here, but if any are interested, here is the link.
    http://www.poetry.com/Publications/display.asp?ID=P4236728&BN=999&PN=1

I say “goodbye” here, rather than simply stop posting because by doing so, hopefully I will be less tempted to start posting again, (the ridicule). As someone once said: jw.com is addictive.

My final thought.
    As more and more jws leave the borg I suspect that jw.com will acquire more visitors. Some will be all mixed up and say stupid things or even play games.
    Why belittle them what does it accomplish?, beware! even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.

Also this Troll phobia that seems to be infecting so many posts these days in my opinion is not good for jw.com
    If any of you believe that you are now free from the cult, you are misleading yourselves, the very fact the you post on jw,com proves this.

(((((((((((I like to think all of you as my friends.))))))))))))))))
    I have no others outside my family,

perhaps as one poster said: “I need to get a life”.

See ya

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

(((((((((((((((Radar))))))))))))) Enjoy living your life. If I had more of a life to live, I wouldn't spend as 'much' time here as I do.

It is however nice to have friends here to talk to, who have similar experiences. We have a common bond. That's what keeps us comming here.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • gsx1138
    gsx1138

Well it seems that you traded one controlling aspect of your life (WTS) for another (this site). I don't think the problem lies with this site it lies with you. If posting here has became a problem in your life then maybe it is time to address your obvious addictive personality. There is also a great difference between being controlled by the WTS and posting here. This is mostly a place for healing and just general BS'ing. It is only different from other message boards in that most of us have something in common. That something happens to be the WTS. The only way to help others and ourselves is to talk about things. I found this site by accident one night while I had a wild hair up my ass. I had not even thought about the JW's for almost 3 years. However, I'm glad that I did find it because it has helped tie up loose ends (so to speak) that were lingering in my subconscious. Now I just come here to help others and BS much like I do on other message boards that have nothing to do with the WTS. Sorry you feel the need to leave but I do hope you address the addictive personality you have because after you leave here you'll just replace it with something else.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I agree, no-one here is totally free from the org. But then again, none of us are free from anything that's happened in our lives, all our opinions are formed by our experiences, IMO that is perfectly natural.

Ex-JW's do have a common bond though. There is simply no-one else who can possibly understand what a profound effect that belonging to such a sect has upon someones life. It's like a person with depression attempting to explain his symptoms to someone who has never been a sufferer. That's why so many posts here are about other things too, because, for the most part, we need kindred spirits to share our thoughts amongst.

I wish you well, Radar.

Englishman.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

bu-bye radar

nice "meetin'" ya.

HAVE A NICE LIFE!!!

come back to "visit" anytime.

SPAZ

• Matty
    Matty

radar, dohhh... never say never!

But, if it's what you have to do, then fair enough, but I can't let you go without thanking you for all your astute postings. You've made a difference - and that's what really matters.

Love

Matt

• Solace
    Solace

radar,
    Take Care.

Lilacs & Englishman,
    I agree with you.

Oh, just for the record.
    Posting here does not mean that many of us do not lead a very full "lives". This may just happen to be a part of it. For some a big part and for others a small part.

I believe myself to be free from the W.T.S control.
    The people posting at this and other sites like this one help others free themselves everyday by exposing the truth about the organization. Keeping others from being manipulated or losing their lives by following false doctrines like blood etc. Sounds like a pretty worthwhile cause to me.

The public is very lucky to have such informative sites like this one. Not only does it help people deal with seperating from the org. but it also educates others of the dangers of becomming involved.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I see you are "buying out the opportune time". You know, you can still enjoy your life and drop in here from time to time.

By the way, that site has a bzillion poems on it. Which one is yours?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Radar, if you change your mind and begin posting again, I, for one, would never ridicule you. I wish you all the best!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Goodbye Radar,

I do agree with you that many, though not all, who post to this Board, are trapped between lives. I personally feel that this is not healthy and can only lead to emotions that play like a scratched record, fine until they hit a damaged groove, and then the infernal sound of the same note played over and over again.

Sometimes it takes great effort to break the invisible emotional ties that hold us to the WTS, but it is worth the effort.

The Right Honorable 'Englishmen' made a very wise comment when he posted on this subject some while ago. His post to the effect that he viewed the Board as just an 'accessory' to 'real life' is very apt and I believe that many of us should honestly analyse whether the part that this Board plays in our lives is not transferred into emotional domains where it does not belong.

Good luck Radar, make the World a happier place - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit