favourite words...in any language

by new hope and happiness 41 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

Schadenfreude, zeitgeist, weltschmerz,

our favoured weasel word when in the 1930 asked the leading question what is your familie's weltanschauung? [world philosophy]:

" freidenker" ~ freemind got you of the hook with the clergy and the nazies, the equivalent to jwnter: "- I am waiting on jehovah.-".

raison d'etre.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

In the U.k we let to think of ourselfs as " full of beans" i think for you in the U.S it means " full of shit"

And here are some U.K " full of beans" sayings

Gor Blimey= God blind me

Bob,s your uncle= I know you dont have an uncle named Bob.

Oh there are so many more English words that are just " full of beans/ shit"

• cofty
    cofty

"Full of beans" means energetic.

Its usually a phrase you would use in relation to children.

Your not from the UK are you?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Cofty am i from the U.K?

Yes and i can proove it with the word " Bonk" which is a term of inderament used by a man making love to a woman.

Coftys your beautiful words that explained the word " YUGEN" would mealt any womans heart. So to all men reading this is in prison or on drugs in need of a girl, get on those dating sites and use those sentences.

Anyway in appreciation of FlyingHighNows contribution " Organisam" ..i saw the best words so far are Cofty with " Yugen" and FlyingHighNow, with here user name FlyingHighNow.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Put the English word orgasm into any English to _________ translator and you will come up with an almost identical word to orgasm. I guess it must originate in latin, like most medical terms do. If you're curious, try an online translator that gives you audio of the pronunciations in other languages.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Balloons

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

inshallah-means (roughly) god willing. In practical terms it means "I can't really commit to it." If I show up, I show up, and if I am late or don't show at all, its all on God. Don't look at me, I'm not in charge! It also is an accepted thing to add to any intention (even sincere ones) because Muslims are never supposed to falsely state something. So "see you tomorrow, inshallah" means, I intend to be there, but if I can't be, note, this is not a gurantee. I sure plan to be.

The different inshallah's are implied by the circumstance and the relationship. And of course, whatever you think it is, if it doesn't happen, then there was an out submitted at the outset.

Insha Allah, I will come back and see the rest of the thread.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Blitzen, Cellar, Ubuntu, Madagascar...

• jam
    jam

I learn this word when I was7-8 years old. Never had an

opportunity to use it. LOL

Antidisestablishmentarianism..A political position that originated

in the 19th century Britain. It's proposal to disestablishment of

the Church of England...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I like FUGLY. It saves syllables and make me laugh. My favorite phrase from 'Mean Girls' is "fugly slut." LOL!!! Hilarious!! On the serious side, I love the fictional term "grokk." It's similar to Yugen. Do you grokk it??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit