My JW Dream.....

by ThiChi 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, last night I had a JW dream. It went like this:

I was inside my home when I hear the door bell ring. I open the door, and there was an older gentlemen offering WT literature. However, he was not holding the literature, but had the literature spread out on the ground, very neatly and in rows, as a display, on my porch ready for my viewing.

The kindly older man waved his arms towards the literature like a car salesmen presenting a new car for me to inspect. In a soft spoken voice, he stated that he was a JW, and was offering the literature and I was free to pick one.

I walked around the literature, and face to face, I asked him if he was an elder. His eyes lit up, and with a smile he said “yes, I am.” I told him I DA’ed myself about two years ago. He replied that he could help me, If I wanted. I felt the need at this point to relate to him all my concerns, issues and feelings related to my life as an ex JW. I then proceeded to tell him about Silent Lambs, the Franz books and even JW.com. It seemed that I was just talking and talking, on and on. All the time, this man just continued to listen with a slight reassuring grin on his face. When I finished, he said very softly and reassuringly, “I can help you, if you just give Jehovah a chance.” I lowered my head and started back to my door way, I mumbled “yea, right!.” as I turned around and looked up, he ascended up to the sky, yelling “I will come back to you with encouragement and light” then he was gone!

I don’t usually remember my dreams. However, this was so vivid, so real. My emotions were going full blast. And to top it off, I have felt the need to relate this to you all. Am I going nuts?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

ThiChi,

It is very rare that a person can remember their dreams from word to word the next day (especailly late in the day) Even a cat like like me have more dreams than you, yet I'm still having problems remember my dreams. What do you have in your brain ThiChi? Is it a tape recorder?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Fred:

You are so right. This is what has impressed me about my dream. It was so real. The last time I remember being so emotional about a dream I was being chased by a monster at age 10!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

No, your not going nuts. I think dreams come from various places - one of which is the is mind. I've read that whenever there's a problem that you're really focused on, your brain will try to 'work it out'... symbolically in dreams ... a coping mechanism. It is interesting though that your recollection is so vivid hours after the event.

• SYN
    SYN

Oddly enough, I also had an odd dream last night, probably right before you went to bed

My dream was extremely weird...a huge, very advanced commercial people-transporter type plane (like a cross betwixt a 747 and the proposed Space Shuttle) was flying around above my work...and then it slowly descended VERTICALLY and landed neatly on the roof, crushing part of the building, but not hurting anyone.

WTF????

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I had a dream the book that's being released this summer showed up at my house and was sitting on my bed...WIERD!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Bang
    Bang

They've shown you stuff that's beneath both of you - it's matter of fact to you that it's not from above and even the older jovy looks down upon it. He knows that what he has is beneath you and he places it below you.

But no matter how much you try and say, it doesn't seem to hit a nerve in the devoted (older) jw, he knows what you want and he is convinced he can win you over if he seeks things above. Your unable to bring them down to earth (be humble), and it disturbs you. However you do think that they may find something for you and you see that in the way he proceeds into the sky to find for you, to win over you.

Heaven didn't open though - he simply disappeared and left you thinking he may be back with the goodies.

Maybe, eh?

Bang

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I was a kid I had a VERY vivid dream. It was of King Kong chasing me across the Brooklyn Bridge.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Kristen
    Kristen

ThiChi,
    That was interesting. Perhaps just a coincidence too... I had an assembly dream last night. I have those and KH dreams occassionally that effect me deeply the next day. I started posting about it this afternoon in personal experiences but decided to delete it before posting it. Your thread made me decide to mention it anyway. Ya never know about that synchronicity stuff...

Thanks for sharing.

Kristen

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

ThiChi, there is a theory that dreams are our subconscious trying to tell us something. Have you had thoughts about going back to the witnesses? Do you secretly want to trust Jehovah to show you the way. Do you believe that this dream was intended to communicate something to you? Just curious...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit