Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject The Bible's Example Concerning Baptism

by Watchtower-Free 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

JWs use baptism as their initiation ritual, the doctrine is irrelevant. Their stance on baptism is very weak, for example there's no scripture that compares baptism to public dedication but that's the key element of baptism to a JW.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have pointed out to JWs that Jesus was 30yrs old when he got baptised-they just stare blankly at you as if to say

"what has Jesus got to do with it"

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Everything you state in your OP is true.

As a wee little girl, with the fear of Armageddon "just around the corner" so you had better get baptized or else you are dead, I was so proud of myself. At the circuit or district assembly/convention, I memorized the 2 important answers to the baptismal questions. Yes and yes! Yay ! When I got big so I could be baptized, I knew the answers so I could be saved! lol

LL

PS @sparrowdown. lol If most everyone waited until they were 30 years old to be baptized, I don't think anyone would be. lol We would have all scattered and gone on with our lives without WT controlling Mother looking over our shoulder and telling us what to do and how to do it.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Yep, the Jehovah's Witness baptism includes a vow to God's Spirit Directed Organization.

So what is God's Spirit Directed Organization?

jv chap. 9 p. 109 Jehovah’s Word Keeps Moving Speedily (1976-1992)

On December 4, 1975, the Governing Body had unanimously approved one of the most significant organizational readjustments in the modern-day history of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Starting January 1, 1976, all the activities of the Watch Tower Society and of the congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the earth had been brought under the supervision of six administrative committees of the Governing Body. In harmony with that arrangement, on February 1, 1976, changes had been put into effect in all branch offices of the Society around the earth. After the committees had been operating for some months, the Governing Body observed: "It has proved beneficial to have a number of brothers taking counsel together to consider the interests of the Kingdom work.

Keep in mind that you are making a vow to; "a number of brothers" ..................... a man's number!

Your baptism is not considered valid until the last part of your body goes under the water.

So what is the last part to go under?

The forehead, or the hand?

abe

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

What does the Bible have to do with baptism?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Answer: For the same reason they reject everything the Bible says.

It's all about control.

The Bible is simply a prop for them.

Let's review: It's a cult!

- -

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

More seriously, WE all know the answer.

Baptism is the single biggest cult control tool.

Asked the OPOMC (Other Parent of my children - how's that Liz Lemon) why the 74/08/01 WT "Maintaining a Balanced Viewpoint Toward Disfellowshiped Ones" contradicted other WT's. She said it doesn't.

• kaik
    kaik

I had recently a debate with my mom regarding the baptism. I felt always that baptism is something that was added to the Christianity much later after the death of Jesus. People suppose to achieve salvation through Jesus, not through immersion in water. Jesus promised the criminal next to him an salvation through the faith, and not through baptism. I read various origins of baptism and I feel that Christians borrowed from Helenism. Achilles was dipped in the water by Thetis to gain immortality.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL....since when to JW's follow the Bible?

Cults have a way of making up their own rules. See the baptism questions mentioned.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Very true watchtower free .just another example of deviating from what the bible actually says. Smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit