Special announcement about

by Pterist 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Forget it, it's a misunderstanding.

• blondie
    blondie

I still stand by my more likely assessment.

So many jws spend so much time talking to the jw next to them, their children, etc., they don't listen to the announcements...and then get it secondhand after the meeting from a friend (who also doesn't listen). Did they confirm this wiith a couple of elders before they ran saying the sky is falling? The WTS has never cancelled meetings during hard times, wars, bullets flying, meeting out in the woods for a picnic, smuggle literature into concentration camps and having secret meetings, etc. The WTS has even implied that they will gather together at the end as if in literal khs.

*** w09 5/15 p. 8 Where Should You Be When the End Comes? ***

“Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you,” states Isaiah 26:20. “Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over.” This prophecy may have had its first fulfillment in 539 B.C.E. when the Medes and the Persians conquered Babylon. Upon entering Babylon, Cyrus the Persian apparently commanded everyone to stay indoors because his soldiers were ordered to execute any found out-of-doors.

In our day, the “interior rooms” of this prophecy could be closely associated with the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. Such congregations play an important role in our lives. They will continue to do so through “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) God’s people are commanded to go into their “interior rooms” and hide themselves “until the denunciation passes over.” It is vital that we develop and maintain a wholesome attitude toward the congregation and be firmly resolved to stay in close association with it. We can take to heart Paul’s exhortation: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as [we] behold the day drawing near.”—Heb. 10:24, 25.

BLONDIE SAID:

For the DC now RC, the weekday meetings were not held. Now just one weekday....I'm sure this was said:

Brothers and sisters, our regional convention is next week and there will be no meeting on Tuesday (or Thursday depending when the congregation holds it). This will us time to prepare and pack for the convention. Continue your personal study of the material .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this were really announced in the U S A , it would have been all over JWTalk.....but it isn't.

just a rumour, without foundation.

• nugget
    nugget

If they are it will be so more congregations can share fewer halls. They can sell off real estate and reinvest in seaside research facilities.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

They may eliminate weekly meetings and replace them with a video feed to your TV, Straight from Bethel. Most people have Smart TV's, computers, smart phones. Some evening travelling in some cities are getting dangerous.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

midweek meetings critical for them as a way of controlling/restraining the younger ones. It prevents any individualism and chokes doubts by reinforcing doctrinal propaganda...and with the ministry school it gives them a platform to 'shine'....good for self esteem..

• millie210
    millie210

Quarterback, I hope you are right...thats what the Mormons do.

• Scully
    Scully

Did you ever think that maybe your mother is monitoring this site to see if you'll spill her misinformation?

Stranger things have happened on this discussion board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit