so is the BORG now the WORG ?

by bigmac 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

J.Worg

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They have pins with the logo JW. ORG now so to get one with J.WORG would be funny.

• bigmac
    bigmac

how long till a new--or recycled--- member on here has the username JAY WORG

• jamclark
    jamclark

I prefer the JWorg, better than WTB&T$.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I still prefer Borg, but I have always been a Star Trek fan. The meaning esapes you if you are not.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I understood BORG to mean Brooklyn ORGanization so I guess things change as they are selling Brooklyn properties. I like G.BORG for Governing Body ORGanization.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I understood BORG to mean Brooklyn ORGanization so I guess things change as they are selling Brooklyn properties. I like G.BORG for Governing Body ORGanization.

Ha! That is so funny! I never thought of that! I wonder how many people have come here over the years and see the "borg" referenced and decide what meaning it has to them, not thinking it has anything to do with Star Trek. I might be wrong, but I think Star Trek is mainly an American phenomenon, so maybe that is the reason? I have always assumed it was a comparison to the Star Trek's Borg.

For the non-Star Trek fans out there, here is a description of the fictional Borg race from Star Trek. You can see why the comparison to JWs is so fitting!

Borg is a collective proper noun for a fictional alien race that appears as recurring antagonists in various incarnations of the American television and film Star Trek franchise. The Borg are a collection of species that have been turned into cybernetic organisms functioning as drones of the Collective , or the hive . A pseudo- race , dwelling in the Star Trek universe, the Borg force other species into their collective and connect them to "the hive mind "; the act is called assimilation and entails violence, abductions, and injections of microscopic machines called nanoprobes. The Borg's ultimate goal is "achieving perfection".

• suavojr
    suavojr

Wild thing,

That definition of the Borg is kind of scary when we see it in real life with the JW's GB

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I always associate the BORG with the star trek race. "You will be assimulated. Resistence if futile."

Anybody who joins the BORG(WT) version has their personality and life stripped into a clone of agreeing and kissing the GB as window washers publishing their utterances as holier than the bible. ANd just like the borg, those who are assimulated into the Org then go on doing the same thing.

• EndofMysteries

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit