So Happy to Learn About Homemade Weed Killer

by Iown Mylife 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• jws
    jws

Dis Member wrote:

Salt

Combine salt with vinegar to create a lethal plant killer. Use about a cup of salt to a gallon of vinegar for the best effect. Sometimes, salt can be a little too effective. In large quantities, it will kill everything in sight and make the ground sterile and unusable for years.

Makes you wonder how Noah was able to grow grapes to make wine after the flood, what with the earth recently being flooded with saltwater and all.

But that's a tangent topic...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH...Damn...

I thought it was a suggestion on how to get rid of the "weeds" of the organization...

hehehe

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Iown, I just sprayed my walkway bricks with this mixture. I sure hope it works as I have always used Roundup-hated to but it was a pain weed-eating all the time. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Makes you wonder how Noah was able to grow grapes to make wine after the flood, what with the earth recently being flooded with saltwater and all.

Don;t they say the floodwaters were from the canopy above the earth? So does it mean it was unsalted as it was not seawater?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Jeannette, thanks, please do let me know. Based on the results around this place I think you'll be happy with it.

Stuck, you are funnee!

And, i always thought the flood was freshwater, not salt.

Marina

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Tangent topic, we use alot of homemade recipes. Check the internet.

Floor cleaner (espeically on tile) 1 gallon hot water to 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide. No residue and kills germs and whitens grout (over time).

Countertop cleaner: Great germ killer. About 1/3 bottle of water, about 1/4 cup of vinegar, and about 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide is how we make it (check on internet for other). Hydrogen peroxide mixes with vinegar to form a weak acid that fights grease great and sanitizes.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Just getting ready to spray! How far away from flowers and shrubs?

When can I plant after added salt? Someone said years!

Will it kill dandelion and blackberry bushes?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Sarah, i read that you shouldn't spray this on any area where you want something to grow. I've just been putting it on the driveway cracks, walkway stone areas, a graveled area where I set plants in pots.

You can put it Near bushes and plants with a spray bottle but make sure there's no contact.

Marina

• rebel8
    rebel8

RoundUp is so bad. We had someone spray it on our property and now we're battling an ant infestation. Pesticides suck.

I have also used boiling white vinegar as a weed killer. Just heat it up in your microwave and pour on. Best results when you do it on a sunny day so the sun helps you.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

My homemade cleaner is vinegar with orange peels... Just let it stand in a glass jar in the sun for a month, then take out the peels and you're done. You can put it in a spray bottle, dilute it 50% (I don't do that, I use it pure). It's 100% natural, kills bacteria and is a very good cleaner. (but don't use it on marble!)

Oh and don't kill dandelions!!!! They're very healthy, and delicious as lemonade!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit