Elders answer questions about the changes of the blood ban

by opusdei1972 51 Replies latest watchtower medical

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Watchtower have redefined much for their own wants, be it the meaning of 'generation' or 'fraction'.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hey Snare&Racket, did you see my Post 3422 above?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

AndDontCallMeShirley..Yes, my sister showed the quotations about the organ transplants and she asked them why blood transfusion is banned if the Society admits that this is the same as a tissue transplantation. They answered that the Governing Body knows why, because they have the right to decide.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Opus,

I have gotten the same response. It may have been a quick note at an elder school. They thought they had somthing. But nope....

"You shall not eat anything that dies of itself; you may give it to aliens residing in your towns for them to eat, or you may sell it to a foreigner. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. "(Deut 14:21)

Here is how you can deal with this scripture.

1) The society says the Noachian creed (to pour out the blood......its sacredness) was given to Noa and therefore it applied to ALL MANKIND. The fact the law made an allowance for a non Jew who was still part of mankind, just exposes the flaw of how they view bloods sacredness. In this context, not the ban on blood seems much more dietary and akin to not eating pork or something!

2) In addition, in leviticus 17 (I think), a person who ate an animal already killed (and therefore not properly bled), would be unclean for a day. THATS IT! Less punishment than if you were menstrating (unless of course there were bears around).

3) Finally, real application of this scripture would allow for donation of blood would it not?

The statement regarding light getting brighter is angering of course, because essentially they are saying, " So the branch was wrong with that, and people DID die, but they aren't wrong anymore and those people will be resurrected so no harm no foul." I have repeated what they are really saying back to them (a little less snarkily), and there is always a bit of a pause. I like that pause. Its uncomfortable. I let it linger.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Oubliette,

The shelf life of all the components in blood vary by years, so they are seperated and stored appropriatly at different temperatures. Then we give what is needed, blood loss or low Haemaglobin. give red blood cells.

Jw's have really confused what 'blood' and 'fractions' are to its members. Blood is the combination of all these factors whereas most JW's think of blood as a 1L bag of red stuff. It isn't, it's red blood cells, a small fraction of blood.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Randy Watters has repeatedly stated that no one has been DF'd for accepting a blood transfusion for many years and this is the reason why.

Randy is technically right, but wrong de facto. After blood fractions became acceptable, in my congregation I witnessed the case of an elderly sister who got DF'd for accepting a blood transfusion, after the surgeon has put some pressure on her. The local Branch was on the case. Mind you, she "dissociated herself" - there was no JC, only the Elder's decision that by accepting blood, she has dissociated from the congregation. She was reinstated less than one year after. She died less than 6 months after being reinstated.

Eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

S&R: Blood is the combination of all these factors whereas most JW's think of blood as a 1L bag of red stuff. It isn't, it's red blood cells, a small fraction of blood.

So, to summarize. When someone, anyone, takes a "blood transfusion" they are in fact only receiving blood fractions? Yes? No?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

EdenOne: 'in my congregation I witnessed the case of an elderly sister who got DF'd for accepting a blood transfusion.....'

This incident alone shows how absurd and goofy the JW Elder arrangement is. Not to mention it demonstrates that Elders have too much time on their hands.

In stead of visiting nursing homes or volunteering at community soup kitchens and truly helping those in need they are out making trouble for others!

'She died less than 6 months after being reinstated.'

So at the time of her death, this poor little thing was no doubt still on full restrictions....no commenting at meetings, not on the Theocractic School, not able to give demonstrations on Service Meeting parts, not able to Pioneer, still being shunned to a lesser degree etc, etc, etc.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Oub

By who's definition? As I said, Jw's hav made their own rules up.....

You now know the facts, decide for yourseld. Of course anyone with a hint of knowledge about blood find the WT stance illogical and inconsistant.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

JW Gone Bad

Soon after her reinstatement she stopped attending meetings and went inactive. We only learned about her death and funeral nearly two weeks after it happened. No one really cared much about her in the congregation. Sad, but true.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit