Why did Ray Franz leave the Organization? Your Opinion Matters!

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

Focus, he did the right thing, for sure, imho, but the lifestyle you point out...I don't agree with that. They live in slavery ( I mean the GB), like anyone else. I own two companies here in europe, lot of work, hassle, taxes etc., but I wouldn't change my life for a million euros a year for a year with them.

Get up, scheduled, 12, lunch, 1.00 p.m. at work, being an example, no nice smoke nor drinks with friends friday night....no their life isn't the dream as some think it is. I lived it (Bethel not GB) :):) and found missionary-service freedom.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Ray Franz admits in his writings that he had no intention of leaving or of stepping down even when things came to a head and he was called to trial. He did not voluntarily leave Bethel or step down from being a GB member. He was forced. When forced, he had no other choice but to leave.

I too believe that Ray Franz was a good man. His books helped me immensely. If he had written with spite I might not have taken his message as seriously.

• Focus
    Focus

If you want an alternative POV / analysis / accompanying debate, here it is from 11 years ago:

"The Real Truth About Raymond V. Franz Revealed!"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/39360/1/The-Real-Truth-About-Raymond-V-Franz-Revealed

__

Focus

("Links" Class)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The Gibbering Baboons live in a style and manner to achieve which an annual income, post tax, of, at a minimum, several hundred thousand dollars would be required to maintain. Milton Henschel, may the scum rot, was careless and let some of this slip out. Now, the villains are far, far more cautious. The precautions taken are enormous.

Focus, do you have some more info or a link that enlarges on this?

Thank you for any further info in advance.

Bobcat

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Read the book...

• Ding
    Ding

I think he came to see the GB as supplanting Jesus Christ.

Even then, it wasn't his intention to leave the WT.

The GB had his local elders DF him.

I think that action led him to see that things were far worse at the top than he had realized.

• fulano
    fulano

You think, you think....all based on his book, your new bible?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Not the Bible. It's Ray's journal. Would you want someone speculating on why you chose to do something even after you explained why? Knuckle head.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I made some money on Ray. I sold an autographed softcover CC book on ebay for $60 after he died. He wrote two books and his admirers sent him money. If memory serves me, one lady in South Africa sent him $10K after his first book was released. It seems a few people felt sorry for him and his empty bank account. He seemed like a smart man the first time I met him in 1988, in 1993 I visited him again and for some reason I didn't think he was as smart as the first time. He tried to not upset anyone with his milktoast religious ideas- and he succeeded. I believe he did have some of moral principals and no doubt his editing work on the JW Bible ecyclopedia ( the WT didn't attempt that again) opened his eyes to the fraudulent religion he was involved in and like most ex-JWs it takes a few years to act on the "new truth".

I wonder, if he had gotten the boot at a younger age, if he might have become a real activist for ex-JWs. By the time his books came out, he was focusing on trying to survive as a reitired senior citizen on the meager SS checks that WT slaves end up with after 30 years of obedient service.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Meager SS for a person who had no employer to pay in to ss, nor his own income. Wonder what his SS statement said? He could not have had enough SS benefit to survive without any anual earnings to base the ss on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit